SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ75B...Stainless
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ75B...Stainless Login/Join 
Questions = Harassment
posted
CZ75
Lightly used, but looks new.
Any must have upgrades? or are they good to go stock?
I think I got a fair price on it.
It is shiny:

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have a newer CZ75B there, with improvements over the original CZ75B. You have a firing pin block, a replaceable front sight, a beavertail to keep from being bitten by the hammer, and magazine interchangeability shouldn't be a problem. It should shoot most any CZ75 magazine.

As for changes; depends how much you want to spend. CZ Custom does trigger work. Depending on your mechanical inclination, you can replace the barrel bushing; get a Cajun 10X (make sure you get the correct bushing). There are guide rod options available. You can pick your sights. what you intend to use the pistol for will influence what sights you put on it. You can also install a mag well, if that's your thing.

Your CZ75 can be carried hammer down, as it does have the firing pin block. Some elect to remove the block for a better trigger pull. Without the block, hammer down is on a live round, and striking the hammer or dropping the pistol on the hammer can discharge the firearm. Bear in mind that it's also possible with the firing pin block, but less likely.

There are a variety of grips; the two basic flavors are thin flat grips, or the palm-swell grips like the actory rubbers that are on your pistol. I prefer palm-swell. Again, what you intend to do with the pistol may influence the grips. Lok-grips make some of the best CZ grips. For carry, simple checkering is fine. For competition where you may want the pistol to stick to your hand like velcro, there are more aggressive grip textures, but for carry, those tend to grab at clothing (and can rub you raw).

Some CZ's have rattle between the slide and the frame. I had a post about a CZ 75 SP.01 Shadow 1 Tac II (similar to yours, but black and no firing pin safety) that was driving me nuts with that rattle. It's not severe, just an annoyance, and its not on all CZ 75's. It doesn't impact accuracy, as the accuracy is a matter of lockup (hence, the recommendation for a better barrel bushing).

As you can feel, the CZ75 is a heavy pistol, relatively speaking, which is a plus with regard to recoil. It may be a slight negative transitioning between targets, due to inertia. CZ75's have been quite popular for competition shooters, which is what mine are for (actual competitive shooters can exploit them: I'm just a fun shooter).

Higher capacity magazines are available, as are extensions, typically up to 18 rounds.

Grease the rails.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m a big CZ fan. Have to happens for me would be the sights. I hate CZ stock sights. I have a couple cz’s that out of the box had a pretty good trigger but most don’t. I prefer CGW triggers to CZ Custom but others will disagree or say they are equivalent. I have a bunch of Lok Grips. Crosscut, roughneck, mayhem, bogies. I easily think bogies are the best followed by roughneck. Mayhem is pretty good but I would never buy the crosscut again. Palm swell follows the shape of the factory rubber which I prefer.

Buy some spare parts. Trigger return spring, fp retaining pin, etc. If you don’t buy a new trigger kit you can at least drop the mainspring weight. I think the factory is 20 or 22 lbs. You can go down to at least 15 lbs without light strike issues.

Many will say shoot a bunch before changing anything out so it smooths out on its own. Not bad advice although I’ve done it both ways and would again.

I said sights first but that gun is slippery as snot so maybe palmswell bogies first.

Beautiful gun.

Posts: 7530 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, I had no idea there was so much out there for these.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Had one. Beautiful gun. But, got rid of it because, as said above, "slippery as snot", and that's not an exaggeration. Even with the grippy VZ grips on, it was no help. Because the real problem is with the front and back straps. They have zero useful traction there. Smooth like a shaved head.

Q

Posts: 26419 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I'm not a skate tape fan for gun grips, I do have small pieces I'm using on my CZ's that lack checkering. Plenty of traction with the loc-grips, but the front strap and back strap needed something. The skate tape does it. As it warms, however, it does migrate.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For what its worth,I would'nt worry about the trigger upgrade unless you just want to shoot paper targets .I have a few CZ's and shoot all of them Dbl. action 1st shot at speed steel.Once you draw and shoot you don't feel the trigger.

Posts: 13 | Registered: November 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 CZ 75B's. Really, they need nothing and are very accurate. But here's my experience

CZ75B SA (single action only). Bought it used with lord only knows how many rounds through it. But I've put 8,000 rounds through it. Trigger is ok as far as weight goes but a bit long in the pull. Super accurate and eats and ammo you throw into it except blazer aluminum. Really needs nothing.

Recently I bought a CZ75B satin stainles from CZ Custom. I had them convert it to SAO, and do their thing on it. It's phenomenal. Trigger rivals custom 1911's I have and it's a terrific and super accurate shooter......I didn't have to send it anywhere when I bought it and they did the work in under 2 weeks and shipped it to me.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
That’s a good looking piece there!

I’ve gotten hooked on CZ the last couple years, with a CZ-75B Omega, a CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical, and a CZ-75 P-01 Omega, which has become my EDC. I have VZ grips on all of my CZs, and I put Talon Grip rubberized pieces on the front and back straps of the Omegas. Works great! The SP-01 has checkering front and back.

Enjoy that shiny beauty!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just learned something new. You only will want a better trigger if you only shoot paper. Who knew? SMH

Posts: 7530 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your CZ. That particular finish isn't my cup of tea (too slick and gold-tooth blingy for me), but the 75B in general is a tremendously great firearm. I've got a small family of them that are among my very favorites to shoot. I'm usually not a natural finish kind of guy but I've kinda longed for a matte stainless 75/85 since the first time I cast my eyes on one.

I've lightened the mainspring on two of my more 'challenging' triggered examples by a couple of lbs. and their DA action really benefitted from the change, with to date no compromising in reliability.

-MG

Posts: 1997 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What he said. As are most guns, CZ is wildly over sprung mainspring wise from factory. Easy fix with no downside if done within reasonable bounds. I’m not a cocked and locked guy so I prefer BD’s but I can see the appeal.

posted Hide Post
Some pearl grips along with platform shoes and a pimp hat?

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or perhaps linen pants and a guayabera (sp?)?

posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol! I have CZ75s and love them. The high polish Stainless Steel version like yours (and also the Matte Stainless) have been discontinued from what I understand. Too bad really and makes me scratch my head as to why.....
IMO, leave it the way it is and enjoy thoroughly! I regret never having gotten a Matte Stainless Steel one, maybe CZ will make them again.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Beautiful pistol! I have CZ75s and love them. The high polish Stainless Steel version like yours (and also the Matte Stainless) have been discontinued from what I understand. Too bad really and makes me scratch my head as to why.....
IMO, leave it the way it is and enjoy thoroughly! I regret never having gotten a Matte Stainless Steel one, maybe CZ will make them again.

Supposedly because they didn't sell enough and more costly to produce. But the reason they never sold enough is because they didn't produce enough in the one batch they did every once in a blue moon to sell enough of them......Of all the gun shows I've gone to, I've seen exactly 2 CZ 75B's in S/S.....one matte and one high gloss.....also only saw 1 or 2 nickel ones.....and never saw a CZ 75B SA new......only the 1 used one I stumbled across many years ago that I bought on the spot.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my matte stainless. The trigger return spring broke on mine very early; I don’t think this is uncommon. I replaced it with one from Cajun Gun Works (pin too) and have had no issues. I sent them the slide to install the sights shown and bought new mag base plates that just look nicer. It’s a great shooter and reliable now. I carry it often when I don’t need something super concealable, mostly on the motorcycle.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: photoman12001,

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now, find yourself the .22LR Kadet kit, and massively increase your trigger time at reduced cost in this madness. NOT the zinc/alloy stuff out there made for so many other models, but quality in keeping with what you expect from CZ.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purchased my high polish about a year ago and really enjoy it - the only change I've made is installing a set of Lok grips.

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What he said. Find a Kadet. I have two and they are worth every penny. Easily one of my most reliable 22’s. And accurate. Good sights if you swap out the front to a fiber optic like I’ve done. Target pistol good.