SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    45 ACP - what to do
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

45 ACP - what to do Login/Join 
posted
Have a Sig P220 Carry....
Looking to get another 45...for a 2nd gun to rotate with..
Choices are 1) Sig P220 Stainless full size, 2) sig 1911 nickel (both are beautiful) or..a plain Jane Colt lightweight Commander....Please help me out of my misery..they all seem great...

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Get a P220 SAO. Best of both worlds, especially if you send it to Robert Burke for action work!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of your choices, I'd opt for the 220 stainless just to keep the platforms consistent. Personally, another alloy 220 is always a great choice; with another 220 carry even better, especially for EDC. The old cliché "one is none; two is one" comes to mind.

Love my 220 SAS carry!

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know its not on your list, but....

I traded a P220 Carry for a Glock 30s plus cash. I am extremely happy with the trade.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crash
posted Hide Post
Full sized P220 in Alloy. Same size and little less weight than a LW Commander and it could share magazines with the 220 Carry. Consistency across the platform. This would be my choice for adding to the carry rotation.

If you want a 2nd .45 as a range pistol I would take the 1911 nickel from your choices.

"If the wind is not against you, it is not blowing."

Posts: 1281 | Location: Down East | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Stick with the same manual of arms. For a carry gun, you cannot afford to be confused at that moment when you life may be on the line.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20322 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Stick with the same manual of arms. For a carry gun, you cannot afford to be confused at that moment when you life may be on the line.

RMD

Yes, Sig P220 Stainless full size

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

RMD

Or just train more.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stainless P220. And submitted for your consideration:
P250 Compact 45
P320 Compact 45

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16106 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
IMHO, if you don't have a stainless 220 yet, you're cheating yourself.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are many great .45ACPs out there, many have already been mentioned here including the G30S. But, You cannot go wrong with a sig, whether 1911, 220 or P320. That is my advice.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian87:
Have a Sig P220 Carry....
Looking to get another 45...for a 2nd gun to rotate with..
Choices are 1) Sig P220 Stainless full size, 2) sig 1911 nickel (both are beautiful) or..a plain Jane Colt lightweight Commander....Please help me out of my misery..they all seem great...

The answer is simple, really. Buy all 3!!!!!!! If you want to keep the same manual of arms, magazines, the Sig 220 makes sense...… I'd go to the range and rent a 1911 and fire them both side by side and see what peaks your interest.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys, thank you for all your suggestions and comments.
Staying with a P220 seems to make sense.

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have two 1911s. When some used 220s came available, I thought about picking one up, and concluded that I would stay with the platform that I had, and for which I had a bunch of magazines and holsters.

I'd still be sorely tempted by a 227, but for single stack, I will stay with what I have. Sems you may have made the same decision.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12791 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
227 Carry SAS would be my choice.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post