SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Mine were scheduled for tomorrow but arrived in the mail today!

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
So, question from the other end of the mag spectrum.

The metal magazines wear the plastic catch. Will a metal catch wear the plastic magazines???

Do I NEED the metal catch? I have two of the 15 rds mags on back order, once I get them I'll probably shoot 15 rds of Gold Dots through each and then carry them with GDs. For the range it'll be 10rd mags.

Is it shooting or just carrying the metal mag that wears on the plastic catch?

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Mine were scheduled for tomorrow but arrived in the mail today!

Both of my shipments went this way, as well. Each showed up a day ahead of their initial scheduled arrival date.

I must say, Shield Arms is on point with everything thus far. I'm pleased with their overall performance.

The first time loading these mags, the first ten or so rounds in were no problem. After ten, loading the next three rounds by hand was a bit tougher, but still doable for me. However, to get the last two rounds loaded, I had to break out my Lula. Loading my fifteen round 365 magazines went pretty much the same way.

I'm eagerly looking forward to trying these out in my wife's G43X.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund

Is it shooting or just carrying the metal mag that wears on the plastic catch?

While I'm sure there will be some wear from simply just carrying the metal mag with the stock polymer magazine catch, ( figure whenever the base of the magazine is bumped and/or has pressure applied to it while being carried on one's person, ) it will be minor, compared to the much more abrupt and forceful pressure that will act upon the magazine during firing.

My 2 cents worth: get the metal magazine catch.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I also struggled loading the mag past 10, needed the loader to assist. I should be able t sling some lead tomorrow.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Cant wait to try them Big Grin

Posts: 5595 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I've got 5 loaded up sitting for Sunday. Extra power springs installed and their mag catch installed in both the 43x and 48.

Should have another one Monday. 6 should be plenty until the craziness wears off.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to everyones reviews. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I'm on 1,280 rounds through four of these S15 mags so far. The first 680 rounds were through the gun stock other than the metal mag catch, and the last 600 with a new Overwatch Precision TAC trigger. I'm a huge proponent of the OP TAC for several years now, and makes the gun an even better shooter. However I noticed today during the later stages of shooting that I would get frequent failure to slide lock on empty. They were running fine until now.
I think I need the extra power springs and will contact Shield Arms tonight.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Got my magazines and metal mag catch. Looking forward to proofing the mags, if they are reliable (and I see no reason that they will not be), my G43/48 (43 slide and 48 Frame) will be my EDC replacing my G30. This will take almost 3/4 pound off my belt not counting the G21 mag reload. Big Grin

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Here is my range report.
750 rounds total, 100 hst, I would have shot more but the dang things are so expensive.
the rest were half hollow points and half fmj reloads 7.6 grains of aa# 7 124 grain projectiles.
I have a 43 with a 43x lower and I did put the shield metal mag catch in. for 25 bucks it was a no brainer.
I did my best to try and make these mags have an issue by mixing up hp with fmj shooting as fast as I could, heating the gun up by rapid fire.

They worked perfect, never had A single issue gun locked back with each empty mag, it went into battery by finger lever and sling shoting, I did load a few all the way to fifteen by hand but the uplula makes it much faster and easier.

Now I'm wondering why I have a G19 ? I did bring it with me but it's starting to feel clunky. I'm thinking of picking up a 48 and will probably at some point get another 43x for the truck.

At this point I cant say enough great things about them, Shield arms did a great job and will sell millions of them, without a doubt completely worth the wait. I have plans on buying a bunch more in the near future.

the fit and finish is nice they drop free and have nice base plates that match the gun, these are all stock and I never cleaned them just right out of the package.

I might go back to the range Sunday and shoot some more, after 750 rounds my shooting got a little sloppy towards the end. I Have no issues with using these as my every day carry.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I feel the same about having my G19.5 now. I, too, have my 43 upper on a dedicated 43x/48 frame and a 48 with shield mags. The only thing I can think of is carrying my 19 at work in plainclothes so mags interchange with 17s. Or I could just carry my issued 17. I think we are on the verge of being issued G45s.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Now why did I not see that before?

Just below the pictures on the S15 magazine page, in the OVERVIEW description it says “SOLD OUT limited back order available here”. You can backorder magazines and not have to depend on the e-mail notification. The only downside is that your card gets charged when you place the order that may not ship for three or more weeks.

I got three more coming. Big Grin

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I just traded one of my 365 that I had tons of rounds thru on another 43x and my lgs have s15 mags they just got in so I picked up 2 more. sweeeeet!!

They gave me 400 for the 365 so I felt like I did good.

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I asked for the +10% power springs the other day and should be getting them soon. I'll post an update.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
I asked for the +10% power springs the other day and should be getting them soon. I'll post an update.

so why the heavier springs ?

Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
You can now back order them if you agree to their rules. I wonder how long until they get caught up? probably going to take months until the market calms down a bit and the shelves get stocked.

posted Hide Post
https://www.brownells.com/maga...aspx?sku=100-039-071

I put two on back order a couple weeks ago, they will not charge my cc until it ships.

Brownells does not show the mag catch.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder how many 43Xs and 48's have been sold to drive demand for these magazines?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
Originally posted by agony:

so why the heavier springs ?

I started to get failure to slide lock. Supposedly a possible issue with first gen 48's.