SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !!
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X /48 15 rd Shield magazines are Excellent !! Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Still have my six mags with the 10% springs. They have been 100%. Not a single hiccup.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Magholder now has a horizontal magazine carrier for the Shield Arms S15 magazines for the Glock G43x and G48. Great mag holder for horizontal carry.

https://magholder.com/products...der-for-glock-pistol

I just got a message from the Magholder Team, unfortunately, the new S-15 Magholders are designed for the 2nd generation magholders and may not be comparable with the 1st Gen. I am waiting for confirmation.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JWF,

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From using them for thousands of rounds with all types of factory 9mm ammo, IMHO, I do not think the Shield Arms S15 Gen 1 and Gen 2 mags are not quite as reliable in function as the 10 round factory OEM mags. Besides that, the main reason I do not use them anymore, is because at least in my G43X using the Shield Arms steel mag release, it takes *very little mag release travel and very little pressure to release the mags, and I have had two accidental mag releases with them while carrying the pistol holstered. So for ** me** the SA15 mags were close but no cigar. I have since dumped the the SA15 mags and the G43X and now carry a S&W Shield Plus that I am completely satisfied with. I would most definitely try the mags and release before I would buy them if possible, as Glock grip frames dimensions can and do very a little from gun to gun.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
I received my Magholder magazine carriers today and found that the Gen 1, S-15 magazine will not secure in the holder.

This is my layman’s observation: There are two tabs on the sides of the Magholder body that engage the magazine catch windows on a magazine, this design locks my G-19 magazines securely in place. With the Gen 1, S-15 magazine there is only the one window, engaging only one tab on the holder. Any slack in the holder body allows the magazine to slip off the tab. Pinching the sides of the holder body engaged the one tab more and locked the magazine securely. I have passed these comments on to Magholder for their use.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used my 43x at a small gun match recently with the Shield mags and had no issues. I also installed the Shield metal mag release. About 75 rounds that day with no issues. In fact, I like the quicker release of the Shield mags compared to the stock Glock mags. YMMV.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
I received my Magholder magazine carriers today and found that the Gen 1, S-15 magazine will not secure in the holder.

This is my layman’s observation: There are two tabs on the sides of the Magholder body that engage the magazine catch windows on a magazine, this design locks my G-19 magazines securely in place. With the Gen 1, S-15 magazine there is only the one window, engaging only one tab on the holder. Any slack in the holder body allows the magazine to slip off the tab. Pinching the sides of the holder body engaged the one tab more and locked the magazine securely. I have passed these comments on to Magholder for their use.

Thanks for testing this out for us JWF. We got your message and are actually waiting for an S15 Gen 1 mag to arrive that we ordered so we can make the necessary adjustments.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Ricky, It was my pleasure. Let me know when the adjustments are finished, good horizontal mag holders Big Grin are hard to find.

NRA
Georgia Carry

posted Hide Post
Resurrecting an old thread. How are the Shield Arms metal mags holding up long term? Are they causing any excessive wear on the g43X/48 platform?

Thanks,

-Mike

Posts: 379 | Location: Shenandoah Valley - VA | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine worked fine until I put a compensator on my gun. PMM warned that the Shield Arms mags may not work with their compensator and they were correct. I ended up buying 8 of the new PSA Micro Dagger magazines, which are also 15 round capacity, and they have been 100% reliable in about 600 rounds so far. One advantage to the PSA mags is that they have a plastic/metal hybrid body and do not require a metal magazine release.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The PSA Micro Dagger 15 round mags are back in stock today as of 1530 eastern time.

Posts: 196 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ltz400:
The PSA Micro Dagger 15 round mags are back in stock today as of 1530 eastern time.

Which is supposed to be better? Slick finish or regular finish?

Slick is all that is in stock now.

And you would know I just bought a third Shield Arms mag two weeks ago. Haven't even taken it to the range. My other two have been good with no malfunctions, it'll be interesting to see how they do after sitting fully loaded for 3 or 4 months.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the standard finish PSA mags and they're fine. I'm sure the slick ones are fine, too.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Mine worked fine until I put a compensator on my gun. PMM warned that the Shield Arms mags may not work with their compensator and they were correct. I ended up buying 8 of the new PSA Micro Dagger magazines, which are also 15 round capacity, and they have been 100% reliable in about 600 rounds so far. One advantage to the PSA mags is that they have a plastic/metal hybrid body and do not require a metal magazine release.

Interesting. I have a PMM comp on my 43X and havent seen any issues. I'm curious what problems the comp created.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9693 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the responses! This is helpful!

Mike

Posts: 379 | Location: Shenandoah Valley - VA | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post