SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a beautiful S&W 625 4”
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a beautiful S&W 625 4” Login/Join 
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great find! That’s one of my favorites.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I got a 625 model of 1989 4 inch with the box and everything for $850 before I traded a 226r. I walked out paying about $400. And I feel like I stole it. It has the best trigger of all of my Smith revolvers. Crazy accurate. And just pretty to look at. It's a pretty decent investment as well. I could get my money back and more tomorrow with a phone call to some of my collector friends.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the nice comments. I purchased some Rims 25 moon clips and loaded 100rds of 230 ball on the old Dillon SDB and packed the bag for a range day after school tomorrow. Hopefully this cold front moving into Florida today does not spoil it. We are going from a high of record high of 82 today to a high of 52 tomorrow.

Posts: 1101 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful N-frame!

I’ve got a 627-0 and I’d love to find more models from that line.
Having the “Endurance Package,” I’d say yours is a -3, IIRC.

Happy shooting!
-Bill

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
That is sweet!
I've been looking at them again (when I can find one). I've had two 625's. One 4" & a 5". I stupidly sold them because I always think the N frame is too big but I always regret it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Delta-3,

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took her to the range today and ran about 100rds through it. Accuracy was outstanding and recoil was less than the Les Baer TRS I also took along. Those RIMS 25 moon clips are the bomb. No more sore fingers. Here she is all dirty.

Posts: 1101 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I'd love to have a "pre-Hillary Hole", 4" 625 like yours. My first 625 was a 4" JM Special. Recently, I found a guy that sells the plugs for the lock and had one installed. It looks nice, but pre-lock versions are still my favorite. I also picked up a 625 "Mountain Gun" in .45 ACP/AR, which I must admit is my favorite of the species.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
All this talk & pictures got me looking again. I happened to come across this gem last night. (I think I'll keep this one). 625-3 3" barrel.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post