SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    German Prison Guard Rifle Identification
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

German Prison Guard Rifle Identification Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted
The title is as it was described to me. I figured the fastest place to find the answer is right here. Thanks.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
It appears to be an MP5 based upon the front sling attachment point and the grip angle. However, there's something unusual about the stock. Perhaps it's the camera angle.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Was going to say MP5, but the magazine does not look right. It appears straight down, whereas the MP5 mag curves forward.

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Was going to say MP5, but the magazine does not look right.

Perhaps an older straight mag?

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Obviously I'm not old schooled enough to know about the straight mag. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I concur. Appears to most likely be a MP5 with fixed stock and early straight magazine.

(It's hard to tell from such a small and blurry photo, but the sling might be wrapped awkwardly around the stock, which is perhaps why it looks odd towards the rear.)

Posts: 32527 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
I think it may be this style of mag though it's a bit difficult to determine from the photo.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Three minutes. It doesn't surprise me.

Thanks fellas. My friend appreciates it too.

I just wonder where that picture of Bruno Kirby is from.

Year V

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Here's a better quality version of that photo.

Apparently, it's a shot of the aftermath of a spectacular prison break in April 1993 by one Lothar Luft. It appears that Herr Luft, a convicted murderer, had an accomplice steal an armored personnel carrier from a nearby military post, and use it to ram through three sets of gates at Schwalmstadt Prison. Herr Luft then climbed aboard the APC and rode to freedom, at least temporarily... He was recaptured 3 months later.

Posts: 32527 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
That's the pic I was given but I cropped it.

Year V

posted Hide Post
Yup, MP5 with straight mag. The sling looks weird because it’s the three point sling. The metal piece that clips onto the side of the mag well is slid back creating a loop with the sling.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bonanacroin,

Posts: 177 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Always interesting how the brain works. On the smaller photo, the shadow cast by the sling was making me "see" a grooved style AK stock, which confused matters.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I opened this thread expecting to see Sgt. Shultz from Hogan's Heroes. Instead I see Bruno Kirby from "When Harry Met Sally".

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
www.hkpro.com has many brand experts who enjoy these discussions. Often they argue with each other about finer details, some might claim are arcane, but the discussions are educational.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
I opened this thread expecting to see Sgt. Shultz from Hogan's Heroes. Instead I see Bruno Kirby from "When Harry Met Sally".

Mister Zero knew.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3214 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MP 5 with early mag !

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
MP 5 with early mag !
MP5A2 with early 30 rnd mag.

Posts: 95 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: July 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post