SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thoughts on MCX Rattler Vs MCX Virtus Pistol 300BLK
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on MCX Rattler Vs MCX Virtus Pistol 300BLK Login/Join 
posted
Dose anyone have thoughts on the Rattler Vs Virtus Pistol.

Trying to decide which to buy next, I'm considering the Rattler now and then possibly wait to see if a revised Virtus Pistol comes out.

With the elections coming and a possibility of crazy Joe winning I'm wondering if I should buy everything I want now.

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Buy what you can afford prices are high right now, but if joe gets elected stand bye..panic buying will be epic.

Welcome to the best forum on the web. I vote for the sig rattler .300 black out.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the panic buying has indeed started.

posted Hide Post
I own the Legacy MCX, Virtus, and Rattler along with various cal-x barrels for all of them. If you want to shoot 5.56, then I’d recommend the Virtus with 6.75” 300BO barrel. The Virtus gives you the best flexibility with barrel length/caliber changes. If all you’re going to shoot is 300blackout on the shortest possible barrel then the Rattler is hard to beat and 5.56 out of the 5.5” Rattler is a blast (literally).

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am leaning towards the Virtus PIstol in 300, I really like that the Virtus has so many available barrels lengths on 300 or 5.56, it appears to me it's more of the Swiss army knife of guns, I do wonder if Sig is about to release the next revision of the Virtus though.

posted Hide Post
I said the exact same thing when I bought my Legacy MCX. I’ve been lucky to be able to use my MCX lower across all three generations. I’m hoping the same is true for the next one and I can just buy the cal-x upper kits. Otherwise I may be selling off some of my current gear (shouldn’t be very difficult).

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElectroGeek:
I believe the panic buying has indeed started.
Yeah? Like 3-4 months ago... Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, I did get lucky and found a Sig Elite dealer that gets small quantities of many models in, they are charging 200-300$ over MSRP though.