SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I Bought A New Glock For Glocktober
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Bought A New Glock For Glocktober Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
When the woman demands you buy her a gun, you just go ahead and buy her the gun.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
If it is what she wanted and she is happy with it, whats not to like?

They do make white triggers for the 43 by the way. Wink

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's not my flavor, but it's not badly done. I've seen far worse.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Seasonally appropriate. Nice choice on firearm and heeding the wisdom in your head to make that purchase.

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Tabs isn’t a pink pistol kinda girl.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you could maybe get away with a black trigger shoe with white safety dongle and maybe some color fill on the slide on that one. It's definitely unique. But anything that gets her interested is a plus. The women in my family treat guns much like your signature line.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Is that a factory gun? Like a Lipsey's or Davidson's exclusive? Or is that a custom job?

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did a Glocktoberfest purchase as well. I am no means a glock guy, every other pistol I own is a sig, and I don't know why but the artwork and craftmanship on it was so well done. I am sorry but can;t get the photos to post but it is true to its name given it by the custom shop "Bushido".

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Is that a factory gun? Like a Lipsey's or Davidson's exclusive? Or is that a custom job?

They are factory guns, I have no idea where Glock is sending them for the work.

This one is the Sugar Skulls version.

The gun store had a purple glocks n roses one also, but Tabs wanted the sugar skulls.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
It is a sweet shooting little gun.

The Sig 365 trigger is much smoother though.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It shoots really well with the factory trigger and all.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Full size grip really makes the Glock 43 shine.
25 cent trigger job and Shield magazine rounds out the package.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one I bought is custom done in Sarasota Fl. by a great shop Shark Coast Tactical. They did multiple custom versions for their Glock Days event and always have custom laser etched and configured glocks in stock. The 1 I bought has great cuts in the slide to go with the artwork the slide cuts look like a dragons eyes and nostrills. They do great work.

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not so bad and if it makes the wife happy, that is all that matters.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I like it.

Congrats.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
When the woman demands you buy her a gun, you just go ahead and buy her the gun.

I like it!

I just got my wife a 43X as a BUG for duty.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I like it also. Smile

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's cool, I was wondering if it was dyed polymer or what. Cerakote and laser etched seems like that right way to do it. Nice score. I wish my wife wanted me to buy her guns.

quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
And I guess if someone wants to come into the house, they'll discover what "Day of the Dead" really is....

Ok, I laughed. Big Grin

Picture of xaircav
posted Hide Post
Roses wilt, chocolate melts but guns are forever.

I have flown among the trees and looked into the face of the enemy.

Posts: 785 | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post