SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 226 TacOp 9mm discontinued? Recommended still by members?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 226 TacOp 9mm discontinued? Recommended still by members? Login/Join 
posted
Searching, is the Sig 226 Tacop discontinued? Do members here still recommend it? Looking here, I did not see anything negative but some dislike the magwell grips and replaced them to run 15-rounders too.

I am looking at one I hope today and wondered.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If you want a Tacops, you can make one yourself from a plain P226. Put the mag grips on, get the 20-rounders, and there you have it. Nothing special about it.

Q

Posts: 26418 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok. His is $800 w box etc. 4 twenty round mags - threaded barrel model - holster - 2 boxes of ammo! Top gun us out of 20-round mags, so it may be a buy!

Update; some still have the mags in stock as here:

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/si...-round-magazine.html

Posts: 2560 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
For $800 it sounds like a solid deal. I’d FO

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a great transaction! Now to clean and shoot. It has only 100 rounds fired so its as new and it even fits in my Galco Miami Classic so its easy to carry despite being a 2 lb. gun.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UxHHm1KXbHmGNGip6

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
You’ll love it, it’s a P226! Enjoy your new SIG.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one just like it including the grips. Its a great gun you will enjoy it. I put a GG trigger in mine so it felt like my Legion, Enjoy.

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny, I swapped out the grips as well. As far as making your own, doesn't it have a fiber optic front sight?

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it has a factory fiber optic and tritium front sight by TruGlow so you have a green front and a 2-dot tritium white rear (siglite), as well as xtra side serrations. Outstanding pistol package. Some do not like the fiber-optics in the front. Otherwise reviews are consistently great.

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
My TACOPS sleeps with me every night

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10943 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is my home defense gun. I too swapped out the grips to a regular set.I have a TLR-2 on it.One twenty round mag in the gun with a spare 20. It’s a great gun.

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Members, the box says it was made in 2019 but lacks an owners manual; what owner’s manual would it have: this one?

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manua...MS/sig_p220to245.pdf

I have not bought any new Sigs lately so am not sure. I will send it to my printer if so to make into a booklet.

Thanks.