SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ron Cohen and his gimmicky SIGs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ron Cohen and his gimmicky SIGs Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not sure if these are of the same era, but definitely some oddities to go with the above Samurai:

Tomahawk

Viking:

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Here is a gimmick (German) that I like. Cool

Q

Posts: 27694 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Liberace could be his role model.

Posts: 5349 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
No rails. Good!
No front slide serrations. Good!
No rear slide serrations. Hm…
No stippling on grip front. Hm…
No stippling on trigger guard? (can’t see for sure)

Overall, a nice clean esthetic.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9512 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The Fecettes X5 is very tastfully modified by some skilled thinkers. At only 25 ever made, it's a definate keeper Q.

Posts: 17987 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
No rails. Good!
No front slide serrations. Good!
No rear slide serrations. Hm…
No stippling on grip front. Hm…
No stippling on trigger guard? (can’t see for sure)

Overall, a nice clean esthetic.

The slide design is such that its entire surface acts as slide "serrations".

Front strap

Trigger guard front

quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
The Fecettes X5 is very tastfully modified by some skilled thinkers. At only 25 ever made, it's a definate keeper Q.

The only Xgun I have left, David. Cool

Q

Posts: 27694 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Thanks for that info and additional photos, Q.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9512 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why "blame" anyone? A market exists or the guns wouldn't exist. If you don't like 'em, don't buy 'em. And if they offend the eye, move along.

I had four different models in Rainbow Ti, purchased inexpensively over the years in rural KY. I also had a couple of Kershaw knives in that finish, and a set of "brass" knuckles. At the peak of covid, I sold the works, and made a significant profit. They gimmicky guns may be worth no more than the standard guns TO YOU, but I guarantee they are to someone.

My biggest objection to the finish was that it was too slick. I had to carry the 239 in a thumb break because it kept slipping out of other types of leather holsters.

Posts: 17266 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Why "blame" anyone? A market exists or the guns wouldn't exist. If you don't like 'em, don't buy 'em. And if they offend the eye, move along.

Thanks for pointing that out, Captain. Roll Eyes

Q

Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
I’m reminded of what they say on Pawn Stars, if it was sold as collectible, then it isn’t. They aren’t interested in buying it.

If you look at what is truly collectible these days, it’s the cool stuff that just isn’t available anymore: Swiss P210s, German X5s, factory nickel 228s, etc. I’m not sure many of those one off GOTM builds sell for a massive premium these days.

Posts: 854 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The more I look at it, the better it seems to get. Very cool looking details.

Is it a shooter or a safe queen? I can't fault you either way.

Posts: 7105 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Is it a shooter or a safe queen? I can't fault you either way.

I had its twin that I shot. That one was sold. This one is still unfired at this time.

Q

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
So a SP2022 AXG?

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
They need a P2022 variant that will withstand drying in a 400° oven.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6153 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

A very modernistic aesthetic, appropriate for the age of when the gun was crafted. Not at all like the Mastershop Premier creations, which try to draw on some weird historic provenance that never was.

Although I guess it might have been interesting to imagine cowboy and indian shootouts with P226 X-Fives......or not....

-MG

Posts: 2241 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Even though likely surfaced by a laser, I bet that is a time consumer. Sig Germany should have offered this on some custome stainless steel P226 and P220 pistols of standard size.

Posts: 17987 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
I’m not sure many of those one off GOTM builds sell for a massive premium these days.

The stainless/gold/engraved/walnut P232 goes for well above $2k these days on GB.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post