SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    RDS milling for P226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RDS milling for P226 Login/Join 
posted
I know several companies can mill a P226 for a variety of specific RDSs. Does any company offer a milling for multiple optics? I guess I'll call it milling for multiple adapter plates ... for a range of RDS; DP-Pro, RMR, etc? Sort of a third party MOS/CORE milling.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Have you checked with Robert Burke?

Q

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Have you checked with Robert Burke?

Not yet. I try to quiz the forum here on some things before I send/call a direct inquiry ... so as not to tie-up their time ... just in case something is general knowledge.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only system I've ever heard of like that (outside of OEM like Glock MOS) is the unity one (agony on here has posted about his long run with it on a glock) and they don't have one for the 226. To the best of my knowledge one doesn't exist for the 226. Having said that I can't imagine why on earth one would want it. Since mostly if its not an RMR it sucks (IMO and I've tested that).

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
The only system I've ever heard of like that (outside of OEM like Glock MOS) is the unity one (agony on here has posted about his long run with it on a glock) and they don't have one for the 226. To the best of my knowledge one doesn't exist for the 226. Having said that I can't imagine why on earth one would want it. Since mostly if its not an RMR it sucks (IMO and I've tested that).

I'm not quite as RMR centric as you ... but I've not tested/evaluated near as much as you. But to answer your question ... the future, new and improved ... reading about the Aimpoint ACRO P-1 got me to wondering???

posted Hide Post
I listened to the shot show about the aimpoint and I think it has potential. They seem to indicate they are building adapter plates to various options. So it seems out of the box an MOS glock will run and similar OEM plates like that.
I completely get why one would want a universal mounting system. But the facts are that on some guns that's possible (like glock MOS) and on some its not possible. So if what you want isn't available then you have to pick options. Or wait and in this case I see like zero chance sig is going to release a universal system. The aftermarket may use the sig baseplate design but from the factory, not happening IMO. So in the 226 you get the choice of the Sig Optic (which IMO sucks) via the conversion kit or mill it for something. If your going to mill it for something I'd mill it for an RMR. Not that the current RMR is the be all or end all, its not, but I fully expect that Trijicon will evolve it (we already have type 2's) and they will maintain the current mounting profile.
It's certainly possible the aftermarket or Aimpoint will make an RMR adapter plate since really the target market is those at the top end, but they didn't admit that anywhere I can see.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post