SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I Bought A Glock
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Bought A Glock Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Let the G26 et al remain as "subcompacts", and title the tinier, pocketable guns something else. Then people won't bitch that the G26 and its competitors aren't really "subcompacts", when in fact its the newer smaller guns that are not truly subcompacts, but something else entirely.

Thanks for the explanation. I understand now.

The G43 is a totally different animal than a subcompact. The G26 just didn't fit my hand well at all, just like the SA.

I am so used to that Colt revolver that ergonomics is pretty much deciding factor for me.

The only redeeming value of the SA is the trigger is far superior. For now.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
The G26 just didn't fit my hand well at all, just like the SA.

You know, when I first tried out the Glock 9mm's, I rented a 17, a 19, and a 26, all gen 3's. I liked the 17 the best, the 19 next, and the 26 the least in all subjective categories, including fit and feel. But I shot the 26 better than the other two frame sizes. As to why, I couldn't even speculate. I will say that the size and feel of the gun totally belies its performance.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
That's a common experience with the 26. That little gun punches way above its weight for a lot of people.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
There was a Gen 3 that popped up locally for sale recently with two 10rd mags and something else for $400 obo. I seriously considered it for a bit, but I just paid for three rifles and totally blew the gun budget for the year.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I'm not adding anything that can possible snag or pop the mag out unexpectedly.

I get that, I did the mag catch because Shield Arms mags are all metal, and they recommend metal catch for the metal mags, and if using polymer mags to use polymer mag catch.

I can use the OEM mags for backups as the occasional use prolly won’t wear out the catch notch on them.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Ah, good thinking.

I just thought it stuck out farther to make release easier.

I didn’t think about the catch wearing the plastic coated mags or the metal mag wearing the plastic catch.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have most of this week off. I’m thinking about riding the motorcycle over to the ‘blue label’ dealer & ordering a Glock 43.

I’m not that big of a Glock guy but seems like a popular choice.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I have most of this week off. I’m thinking about riding the motorcycle over to the ‘blue label’ dealer & ordering a Glock 43.

I think the G43 does feel better in the hand than the G43X...but I do worry about capacity when I'm wearing to on duty at the desk. However for off duty the shorter grip is far easier to conceal.

When it comes to capacity, I did have an old salt give me some good advice about 30 years ago...have enough to get you out of trouble, just not so much you get overconfident and get yourself into trouble...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the dark side Marzy! Big Grin

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

I think the G43 does feel better in the hand than the G43X...but I do worry about capacity when I'm wearing to on duty at the desk. However for off duty the shorter grip is far easier to conceal.

When it comes to capacity, I did have an old salt give me some good advice about 30 years ago...have enough to get you out of trouble, just not so much you get overconfident and get yourself into trouble...

Toss a G-43X magazine into it.
With or without the extension, you'll get those 4 extra rounds.

I carry the G19 for off duty, and have a G-19 magazine in it, but use G-17 magazines if I'm carrying extra magazines.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m thinking the Glock 43 & 43x magazines are not compatible. They do make +2 mag kits for the Glock 43. I think the ETS 10 rounder is an option also, with the 43.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
They must have left the sights off so you could have it milled for an RMR?

I did that with an original 43x with silver colored finish. Battlewerx did an incredible job.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great buy. the concealability is worth it.

Posts: 7 | Registered: August 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just mounted +2 Ghost extensions on this one. With the Hogue handall and the extension, it feels right for me.
They come with a replacement spring, uses the stock floorplate. My summertime, t-shirt carry gun.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
quote:
Originally posted by specter77:
Ah yes the G43X. The gun that caused me to dip my toe back into the waters known as Glock. I am very glad that you like yours. Cool

Lock N load

Michael
USMC Ret

How has your experience been thus far?

Fun to shoot, 100% reliable with brass and steel case ammo. I carry it in a Remora IWB holster and it is very comfortable. The feel of the Glock in my hand is just right. I have shot it out to 25 yards and if you do your part the G43X will do the rest.

I have considered buying an Apex trigger (when they get in stock) but this Glock is a keeper.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post