SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Traded into a steal of a deal on a P229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traded into a steal of a deal on a P229 Login/Join 
posted
I traded my way into a retired police P229 .40s&w this morning. The box is not correctly serial numbered and the night sights have dimmed, but I’m not concerned about it.

I got the pistol, three OEM twelve round mags, one OEM ten round, twelve Pro Mags still in their packages, and a .22lr conversion kit with one mag. I only had three bills invested in the pistol that I traded, so I’m far ahead of the game value wise.

I’ll be off to the range with it and my SP2022 9mm sometime this weekend.

Posts: 6 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: September 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Now wait for a sale at SIG for the service package. I think I waited for a $99 sale so it was around $150 shipped back and forth for new night sights and springs.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I tried to link to pictures, but it didn’t work.

Posts: 6 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: September 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I host pics on imgur.com.
Select BBC code and select large thumbnail. The default is huge thumbnail and you will make people scroll all over to see it.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the Gun Gods smile upon you. While some complain about the "snappy" 40, it handles the .40 better than nearly any other pistol. I've got it in a P239, P226, P229 and P320FS. Got the P229 new in 1996, refurbed it myself and now have over 47,000 rounds through it. Nicely broken in.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
Nice!

I host pics on imgur.com.
Select BBC code and select large thumbnail. The default is huge thumbnail and you will make people scroll all over to see it.

Nice, plum hammer, betting it's a 90's SiG, maybe even nice stamped serial like AD-AK prefix....

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You did real good. You could sell the 12 pro mags and have gotten the pistol for next to nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
You did real good. You could sell the 12 pro mags and have gotten the pistol for next to nothing!!!!!!!!!!!
For sure, dump them for $5-10 each locally and be done with them!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

You could just about sell the mags and .22 kit and break even.

I found a crazy deal on a P226, but that was a few years ago.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
That’s exactly what my next Sig will be. Just about every pit of them that show up in the usual websites are railed.

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 79 | Location: NC | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post