SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Claims for P365XL Comp Spectre
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Claims for P365XL Comp Spectre Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Probably not. I think I'd rather have the extra half inch of real barrel length as opposed to the comp. And, of course, I have no use for the bling in a carry gun.

quote:
Originally posted by ARH19456:
Am I alone in thinking the P365's recoil is relatively mild and see no reason for a comp?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am I alone in thinking the P365's recoil is relatively mild and see no reason for a comp?

Recoil is not particularly affected by a comp, muzzle rise is.

No experience with a Spectre comp but I have a conventional single chamber
/ single port comp on mine. Regular 365 performs like a near mouse-sized gun that it is. Comped 365 performs nearly at a level of a gun two sizes larger. Regular 365 doesn't do well with +P ammo, comped prefers it. Whether those gains are worth it is totally to user's discretion.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am with you on that.
At 1199 MSRP twice the price of a X or XL would not be worth it to me. I have a P365X and love it.
I have seen Buy It Nows on Gunbroker as high as $1800 on the Comp. I would surely put that $ into a P226 Leigon (but already have one) and have $400 to buy a new P322!
quote:

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You gotta be desperate to spend 1800 on these. My big local gun store had multiple examples of these at 1199.

If you really wanted the extra oomph from the barrel you could put an XL barrel in and the comp becomes useless. It certainly fits, I tried it in mine. I would never do that but I would buy this over any Spectre just for the better/separate optics plate alone.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
No, the P365 is mild, and the 380 version is even milder.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
quote:

/ single port comp on mine. Regular 365 performs like a near mouse-sized gun that it is. Comped 365 performs nearly at a level of a gun two sizes larger. Regular 365 doesn't do well with +P ammo, comped prefers it. Whether those gains are worth it is totally to user's discretion.

^^This^^. I have a pmm comp on my 365 and that is my experience as well. Personally I absolutely love it.

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 16, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally run a rolandish G19/PMM at work and have a G34/mayhem, PMM 365Xl and Hellcat with True/Suarez which dont actually leave the house often. The gain isn't really appreciated shooting individual shots during slow fire but in multiple target/speed shooting it shines. I also like it for RDS as I've found keeping the dot in the window is easier. The value in that for added cost and length is up to the individual of course. While I aesthetically like the cuts I worry about crap getting in there. That may not be scientifically backed.

I notice the benefit at speed with the Glocks and hellcat. In my sample size of one, I shoot the 365XL about the same comped or no comp. The hellcat, for me, is snappy and I feel both a speed and very much a recoil benefit with the hellcat. I've shot all with a mantis and there is a muzzle rise benefit with the comps. YMMV.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I found one here in the LE case - they were asking around $1300 for it. While it has lots of style points it’s just not for me.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

According to American hand gunner, "A compensator is the funny looking thing with holes in it attached to the end of the barrel. Its purpose is to reduce felt recoil and muzzle rise."

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I finally saw one (ok two) in the wild today at a large LGS. $1319. While I find the pistol intriguing, I have a hard time justifying the cost compared to a standard P365XL.

If you told me it had 50% less recoil and muzzle rise, maybe but I don't find my current XL's to be harsh shooters and my carry round is the Federal 124gr +P HST.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4523 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

According to American hand gunner, "A compensator is the funny looking thing with holes in it attached to the end of the barrel. Its purpose is to reduce felt recoil and muzzle rise."

Well, it must be true. Even better then.

https://youtu.be/G_WSf09u9QM

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post