SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Most compatible 2011 magazines?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most compatible 2011 magazines? Login/Join 
posted
With the upcoming WA State magazine ban going into effect shortly, I’ve been buying mags for guns I may want in the future.

I’ve been trying to figure out which 2011 magazine is compatible with the most brands of guns, but I’m getting mixed signals from the info out there. A lot of it is pretty old too. What’s the current consensus?

I’m not partial to any manufacturer. I’m even pretty happy with my cheap single stack RIA 9mm, but I do appreciate nice high-end guns too.

Posts: 300 | Location: Washington | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
There's 2011 magazine and there's the Para/Caspian Double Stack mags. They're both two different platforms. As far as 2011s go, the factory Checkmate mags are the least expensive and fine unless you're heavy into competition and need the special mag followers.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MBX and Atlas claim wide compatibility among 2011s.

Note that P-O/Remington/RIA, Caspian, and Bul are not 2011s, not interchangeable with 2011 or each other.

DanH: I did not know Checkmate made 2011 magazines and cannot find them on their www. You got a link? Or are you saying they make tubes for name brands to assemble magazines on?

Posts: 3277 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're talking STI pattern guns, I would take a look at Triarc. I believe they sell their 126mm (17 round 9mm that lock back) magazines for $45 or so (when in stock). They are unquestionably the same OEM as STI/Staccato (identical markings and followers).

Posts: 5141 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
If you're talking STI pattern guns, I would take a look at Triarc. I believe they sell their 126mm (17 round 9mm that lock back) magazines for $45 or so (when in stock). They are unquestionably the same OEM as STI/Staccato (identical markings and followers).

Good to know. Even their coated magazines are $20 cheaper per mag than STI or Dawson sells them.

Thanks for the heads up!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Bought a box of 2011 parts a while back.

The best mags of the bunch were from SVI. Thought about getting more.

Triarc would be the way to go.

Posts: 9104 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies!

What I’m learning is that I may have to buy a couple of different sets if I really want to cover the bases.

Posts: 300 | Location: Washington | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
If you're talking STI pattern guns, I would take a look at Triarc.

I didn’t know there was an STI-specific pattern, to be honest. I was under the impression that all double-stack 1911s were called “2011s” but I can see that’s not the case now.

posted Hide Post
It's the AR-10 of the pistol world. Essentially two versions of the same gun. STI pattern frames and Para Ordnance pattern frames. One can make an STI pattern mag work in a Para frame, but not the other way around.

I'm not sure what the new BUL Armory guns use for mags other than it's not STI pattern.

Posts: 5141 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to follow up, I ended up getting mags from Triarc on sale. I had no luck finding any for the Para/RIA pattern so I might’ve missed the boat on that. Thanks for the help on this one, guys!