SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking for a good AIWB holster for a Glock 19 with an RMR.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a good AIWB holster for a Glock 19 with an RMR. Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
I have a Glock 19 with RMR that I want to be able to carry Appendix Inside the WaistBand (AIWB). I like the versions that use the “claw” to hug the butt if the gun in to your body, but am struggling to find one that works. I was using one from Tactical Measure, but they don’t make one that will accommodate an RMR.

Any suggestions for a good quality AIWB holster?

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
ANR Designs all the way. Without a doubt, the best I have tried.

I add a foam wedge to the back. Carry it daily between 8 and 16 hours per day. I forget it’s there.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I've been using a Tenicor Sagax Lux since last winter. It comes with different sized "claw" attachments, but I actually use it without them since I find them too aggressive and works just fine without them.

If I didn't carry with the TLR7A, I would still be using my G-code Incog.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of Vedder but recently got one from Last Line of Defense and it keeps the gun and spare mag pulled in great and has been very comfortable.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.tacticalholsters.c...aled-carry-gun-only/

G-Code
I love my incog, one of the guys I work with loves his phenom stealth. Both of us are using them for G-19's. His has an RMR.

The MOJO helps! Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the Tier 1 concealed Axis Slim with an added foam wedge (not theirs, their wedge is skinny and uncomfortable).

I also recently added a Trex arms light compatible sidecar but haven’t carrier it yet. Seems to be good quality as well.

Posts: 154 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Vedder is always a good choice. I just got another for my Sig 365X with RMR cut. I also have one for Glock 19, Glock 43 and HK P2000 although none of these have the RMR

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I love my LAS Concealment Shogun. Best AIWB I've used.

If it can conceal a full-sized 2011 and make it comfortable for all day carry (which is my daily carry), a G19 is an easy task.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Tenicor has become my go to. I’ve used Gcode and Tier 1. Both make great holsters but the Tenicor took it up a notch for me personally.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are many great holster makers these days, but I like JM Custom Kydex. https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/

Another option might be Raven Concealment.

Posts: 217 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: February 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a Vedder fan but JM custom has been wining me over.

Posts: 120 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have three of these, the most recently acquired for my new Gen 5 Glock 19.

The Brave concealment 3.0 Torsion works great for me, keeps the gun securely where I want it, can be used with about any red dot type of sight (AFAIK) and is reasonably inexpensive. Plus, I usually buy thru Amazon and get the holster in a day or so.

A few months ago, a poster here noted that Bravo did not use Kydex, but "plastic" instead.

Bravo calls it polymer and, for some reason, it goes perfectly with my Glocks. Wink

Seriously, I sweat like a pig here in the Florida Peninsula and I am not gentle with my holsters (I seem attracted to door edges and other hard objects to bump)but the holster protects my guns and shows no damage at all.

I've had many of the holsters mentioned in this thread and my three Bravos are still my favorites.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SCK Silk Custom Kydex on Facebook.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
Phlster
JM Custom Kydex
Keepers Concealment
Dark Star Gear

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For AIWB Carry I love Vedder. I always order it with the claw. Not the cheapest but the clip is great and the kydex has the right amount of retention. The clip also has adjustability so it can sit higher or lower. In the comment section of my order, I always ask them to ship it in the position I prefer and they always do. Try one, you won’t be disappointed.

Posts: 28 | Location: FL | Registered: February 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:

I was using one from Tactical Measure, but they don’t make one that will accommodate an RMR.

But they offer theirs in 31 colors tho...

If it works for you, maybe ask them to cut a relief for RDS on your old holster, or ask someone who can, or try yourself. I did all three things on my various older plastic holsters. That would be my suggestion; otherwise, by the time the first page is full, it will have a mentioning or recommendation for every AIWB holster in existence.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:

I was using one from Tactical Measure, but they don’t make one that will accommodate an RMR.

But they offer theirs in 31 colors tho...

If it works for you, maybe ask them to cut a relief for RDS on your old holster, or ask someone who can, or try yourself. I did all three things on my various older plastic holsters. That would be my suggestion; otherwise, by the time the first page is full, it will have a mentioning or recommendation for every AIWB holster in existence.

You were 100% correct. It turns out that Tactical Measure is able to do the cutout - you just have to ask. There are a bunch of options here too that I’ll keep in mind for other holsters.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tenicor for me, currently. Using them for Staccato C2 with TLR-7A, Glock 19 with TLR-7A, and 43X. I buy the one that comes with the back bulbed out to keep the gun from tilting out at the top of the belt and have the Discrete Carry Concepts clips on them. Very solid mounting, conceals well, etc.

Also have had great results with LAS Concealment, Tier 1 Concealed, G Code, and Midwest Tactical Solutions.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post