SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's Your Favorite Glock 19 Pancake Holster?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's Your Favorite Glock 19 Pancake Holster? Login/Join 
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted
I've been carrying a Glock 19 in a Crossbreed IWB holster for a few years and while it works well, I'm looking for a Pancake OWB style holster for a little more comfort and quicker draw for when I am volunteering on our church security team. Can the Sigforum tell me what you prefer?

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3629 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The Milt Sparks I-BAK for my Sig P239 SAS is probably the best, most comfortable concealment holster I own. Easy draw and re-holster, too.

My LGS threw in a Galco holster of similar design when I bought my Colt Defender. It isn't quite as nice as my Milt Sparks holster, but it's equally as comfortable. Legend on the back reads "F189 HOD, model CM424B".

This is it: Combat Master Belt Holster, though mine's black.

I will probably eventually order an I-BAK for my Defender. It's a bit stiffer, so re-holster, in particular, is a bit smoother.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I prefer snap loop pancakes for OWB carry. Something like the Alessi CQC-S, the Ritchie CQ-QR, UBG Regulator, or the TT Gunleather Elite Snap. Just as secure and easy to conceal as a standard belt slot style pancake, but much easier to put on/off.

TT Gunleather's currently running about 3 weeks on holster orders: https://www.ttgunleather.com/p...ap-removable-holster

Otherwise, if you need it sooner, Top Gun Supply has Richie CQQRs in stock: https://www.topgunsupply.com/r...-glock-19-23-32.html

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kramer's horsehide belt scabbard. Best OWB I've found. I have one for every model pistol I carry.

Posts: 76 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kramer's horsehide belt scabbard. Best OWB I've found. I have one for every model pistol I carry.

100% in agreement, I EDC my Glock 19 in a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard during the Fall, Winter, and Spring months. Great holster.

I've been using a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard since the early 90s, at that time with my Duty/Off-Duty SIG P226 and/or P220.

As good as it gets - my opinion of course Smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Lately, I've been carrying OWB in the Cobra KOR holster. There's just something about this holster that makes either my P226 or my P320 seem smaller on my belt. Maybe "smaller" isn't the right word, but they just don't print like they should. I;ve also purchased the Raw Dog Tactical IWB holster and it IS (for me at least) the single most comfortable IWB I've worn. I ordered their Guardian OWB holster for my P365XL and my P320, but haven't really put them through their paces yet.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
This

quote:
Originally posted by AZ Husker:

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like and use Desantis black leather holster rigs . I carry a Glock or Sig every day in one .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I swear by my "Country Boy" RGrizzle, it's a fantastic OWB holster.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I swear by my "Country Boy" RGrizzle, it's a fantastic OWB holster.

Ryan does excellent work, and is easy to work with, too!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I have always like the Don Hume H721 Open Top.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Winthrop Holsters make a great pancake with fast service and reasonable cost. Cross draw and snap on / off styles too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
This company makes very good holsters.

https://www.mtrcustomleather.c...EEAAYASAAEgJFF_D_BwE

3 versions of pancake holsters"

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Glock sells the sport holster belt holster that cost $14 and gets rave reviews. Pulls the gun in tight to your side and definitely as good as holsters that cost $50-$100, for a fraction of the price. Every glock owner should own the Glock brand holster...

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I really like Bravo Concealment with their pancake loops. I've never had another holster that conceals as easily.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I really like Bravo Concealment with their pancake loops. I've never had another holster that conceals as easily.

That same setup is my choice for kydex as well.

I'm a bit of a leather snob, and prefer leather to kydex, but I also prefer to carry with a light attached. Finding quality leather holsters for guns with lights is tough, since none of the higher end custom leather makers seem to want to bother making light-compatible holsters. So I end up carrying in kydex more often than not.

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
I have always like the Don Hume H721 Open Top.

I too like these, I have one for my P239.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Look at Tenicor. They provide discounts for LE/MIL. They are kydex, made extremely well. Or Krounds, same story.
Both are made well, very quick & accessible for need.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post