SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    365XL new competetion?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

365XL new competetion? Login/Join 
posted
So just saw Springfield release the Hellcat Pro, full size frame to take their 15rd mag flush, and lengthened slide to 3.7 barrel.
Anybody have a hellcat? How does trigger compare with 365?

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went from a 43 to 48 and finally a 43x. The 43x/48 solution is hard to beat. My 43x has a Shield magwell which positions my grip really well and quickly. I don't carry my 48 much anymore and mostly own Glock after my great Sig purge. The Hellcat Pro looks promising and it is great folks have another choice in a very saturated market.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It might be nice to get the same firepower without having to go to aftermarket magazines. Other than being a Glock, I don't see what the G43X brings to the game that the Springer doesn't. The reverse is not true, since the Springer has 50% more capacity in a slightly smaller gun.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once I bought a 365 I sold my Shield and I gave away my Glock 43.

I prefer the 365 to those and the Hellcat never stirred my interest although I’ve only handled it no live fire. Where the 365 beats this field is modularity. I can vary my 365 between a Hellcat size and Hellcat Pro with merely a grip module. Sig sells their 12 round mags with both baseplates so you only need a 10 rounder to go small.

Options are good though.

Posts: 7537 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can vary my 365 between a Hellcat size and Hellcat Pro with merely a grip module. Sig sells their 12 round mags with both baseplates so you only need a 10 rounder to go small.

Actually, no. Hellcat pro has a longer, 3.7 slide, just like the XL. i agree that the base 365 accepts all the magazines. But you can't extend the slide without XL conversion.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big deal. You can buy an XL slide and have even more variations. Reality is though the money maker is the longer grip not the extra slide length.

Posts: 7537 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Hellcat pro is just about the same size of the Sig 320 X-compact. Other than the name it looks like it has little to do with the hellcat for CC

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
The Hellcat is a pistol I've actually wanted for awhile now. Love my 365X and won't go away from it, but I want to try the Hellcat as well.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought one yesterday, and wrung it out today beside it's orginal older brother. It is definitely less snappy, as would be expected.

While I have a 365XL, I don't have an original 365. The HC's grip is a bit more hand-filling than the Sig's. While overall size is the same as an XL, you get the 3-extra rounds in more "corrosion-resistant" mags. Sig still has a better trigger, not having to deal with a dingus, and shorter, crisper let-off. I am tempted to say that the HC might be just a bit more controllable than the XL, but more comparison is in order.

As an aside, if you're like me and would like a bit more to hold on to with your 365, the Wilson frame is the feline's posterior. I will be getting one as soon as I can find it in stock, LOL.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect that the Hellcat will continue to be popular, as will the S&W CSX, but I doubt either will outsell the P365 and variants.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have carried a 365 for the past two years and just got a Hellcat which I have yet to shoot. I wanted to try out an optic. I love the 365 but the Hellcat feels a little more substantial and the 365 15 round mags felt awkward. I honestly would have gone for a 365 X or XL if there was a better red dot option (has to be factory for off-duty).

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Here's a video review. A direct comparison with the P365XL would be interesting.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The modularity of the P365 puts it above anything else IMO. One receiver and you can change grip length with a simply module swap. Swapping uppers is more expensive but it's doable, although it's usually more cost effective just to get another entire gun.

And, you can change to Wilson or Icarus grips if you want, and others in the future. Someone could make a 15 round flush fit grip next (hello Willson P365 Carry II?), and just use the XL floor plates on the mag.

I do like how the Hellcat sights work with an optic and you don't have to replace them or lose the rear like on a P365 X/XL.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they will address the optics plate issue. The comped Spectre moved the plate forward allowing normal rear dovetail sights. I suspect this will migrate over in time. The modularity of the 365 is absolutely key. Big grip, little grip, even girthier aftermarket grip, etc. You can make a small gun or a Hell at Pro sized gun with one fcu. You think the stock grip isn’t wide enough? WC makes a cheap fix. You want an all metal expensive fix? Well you can get that as well.

As for the mag capacity. Lots of the big boys have kept mag cap low, ostensibly to increase reliability. I’ve go 15 round full sized mags for both Beretta 92’s and Sig P226’s. Both of which now are easily found with higher cap mags.

The 12 round Sig365 mag is easily made 14 with MagGuts. I think Sig could stretch their legs if they wanted to.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The P365 is the pinnacle of micro-compact nines IMO. I tried a Springfield and a Glock 43 and several others and never warmed up to any of them. But I like the P365 a lot.

But personally I prefer a larger grip so I’m back to carrying my G19.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
I was at the range today with my P365X, P365XL Spectre, and Shield Plus. I do have a Hellcat but wasn’t with me today. I think the Sig trigger is marginally better than the Hellcat — not enough to qualify one over the other — butI really like the sights on the Hellcat.
I agree with the comments about the grip length more significant than barrel length. It’s exactly why I sold my P365 and got the P365X. Even though The P365XL Spectre has a longer barrel I shoot them both about the same. I just prefer the longer grip.
I really like the new wide trigger on the Shield Plus. Also, I think the grip fits my hand better than the Sig. But, with all that said, my groups with the Shield are slightly larger than the Sigs — still acceptable for a defensive gun. In spite of the new trigger and the better grip, the Shield just doesn’t seem inherently capable of tighter groups. But it is most comfortable for extended range sessions.
The Hellcat Pro is interesting but it’s late to the party. Just don’t see the need with my two XL’s and the Shield Plus.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
While it's nice to have different options, this holds no interest to me.

I am a former Hellcat owner and frankly I found the gun to be bland. Nothing special about it compared to the other micro compacts on the market. I would rather have a P365 series gun or a Shield Plus, which coincidentally, I do on both accounts.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post