SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Range bag with velco side panel?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range bag with velco side panel? Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted
Does anybody know if someone makes a range bag that has a velcro panel on one or both large sides? I'm looking for a solution to the problem of having to sort through a pile of magazines, holsters and whatnot to match the pistol/s I'm taking to the range. My thought is to have individual pouches - think about the size of an IFAK pouch - with velcro on the back, one pouch for each pistol containing the range mags, holster, mag pouches for that gun. G17, G21, 1911, M9, and so on. The idea is that you grab the pouches containing the stuff for the pistols you're taking, and slap them onto the velcro panel on the range bag.

Or alternatively, I'm open to other potential solutions to the problem. I'm tired of getting to the range with a G17 only to find that I grabbed the G19 magazines by mistake. Ammo cans (one per gun) might be an option, but I'm looking for something a little lighter and less bulky.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have used Shoe Goo to glue Velcro panels to the outside of cloth bags, and they have held firmly thus far. You therefore might be able to modify a bag on your own if you can’t find what you’re seeking.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My range bag, a Maxpedition MPB, has a large Velcro panel on the side. https://www.maxpedition.com/co...pb-multi-purpose-bag

But plastic .30 cal (ish) ammo cans work well for sorting and storing magazines for easy grab and go. These MTM ammo cans come in a 4 pack with a storage tray, and routinely go on sale on Amazon for ~$25: https://www.amazon.com/MTM-AC4...4-Can/dp/B01MU6ZAPG/

Posts: 32524 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MTM makes small ammo cans with foam inserts for magazines. Single stack, double stack and for AR mags. Thats what I use. And there is enough room in them for an UpLula.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
I designed a range bag for WRB Sales in Texas, and they should have it up soon. The bags are made in Texas, 1000d Cordura.

Velcro loop on the entire interior.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post