SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 X5 Legion Optic Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 X5 Legion Optic Question Login/Join 
posted
Sales manager at the LGS told me that the 320X5 Legion is only cut for the Romeo optic . I thought they would also take the DP Pro.
Who’s right ? The one I’m looking at was made in March of 2020 . Also this gun doesn’t use mounting plates right ?
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's like the M-18, it's only cut for the Romeo1 Pro.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Deltapoint Pro and the Romeo 1Pro can be mounted on the Legion and the M17/M18 as they have the same base pattern. I am planning on getting a Legion and was with a friend shooting the Deltapoint Pro on his Legion last night.

Posts: 55 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
Sales manager at the LGS told me that the 320X5 Legion is only cut for the Romeo optic . I thought they would also take the DP Pro.
Who’s right ? The one I’m looking at was made in March of 2020 . Also this gun doesn’t use mounting plates right ?
Thanks in advance.

Your "sales manager" is uninformed (I'm being polite).
The pistol you mention is milled for Romeo1 Pro and Delta Point Pro.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apex is now selling an adapter plate for the Aimpoint Acro that positions the rds as far rearward as possible and puts a backup rear sight in front of the Acro. It comes with a front sight of the correct height to match.

Tango Down has an Acro adapter with the ads in the normal location and no backup rear sight.

Bobro has a Trijicon RMR adapter plate with a built in rear backup sight in the normal position. You have to install a Dawson or Trijicon front sight of a specified height.

Springer Precision has various adapter plates as well.

Personally, the Romeo 1 Pro is a non-starter for me. The DPP is viable but it's so tall that backup sights are an issue. Leupold has the modular rear that engages a slot in the sight, but then you still need a new front sight.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Dawson Precision sells a .405 front fiber that will co witness with the DPP rear and Galloway Precision has a $8 insert that plugs into the back of the DPP instead of spending $80 on a rear sight.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I bought mine it had a Delta Point Pro installed from the dealer. It definitely works with the DPP which by the way is a awesome little dot.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. As for the back up iron sights and co witness this will just be a range toy so irons aren’t a concern .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
The newest ones are also drilled for the RMR.

Only way to tell is take the plate off and look for 4 screw holes.

It will have 6 holes, 2 are for not threaded recoil lugs.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was made in Feb and was milled for RMR/SRO as well. That means a holosun will work as well. I have a Holosun 507c V2 green coming. I could not find a Romeo 1 Pro in stock. I did also buy a mounting plate with a rear dovetail to mount a rear suppressor sight even though I could of mounted direct without. I am hesitant to lose irons on a home defence gun. We shall see if my plan works.

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post