Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magazines Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Offer up a trade for some FS mags? Keep a couple behind with the C grip in case you ever want to shrink.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15317 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjc:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Even if you found an extension to replace the floor plates, the flanges on the bottom of the magazine tube, plus the wider extensions themselves would prevent inserting them far enough into the magazine well to lock into place. (I just tried a compact magazine tube in a full size module.)

I even tried a compact magazine in a Wilson Compact grip module. They have a funnel flare at the bottom of the magwell and that allows the tube by itself to be inserted far enough to lock into place. But once the floor plate is attached to the tube, it won’t go in far enough to lock. I assume that any mag extension would cause the same problem.

If you were satisfied with a kludge job, you could shorten the grip at the bottom of the full size grip module.

Thanks, I guess it's doesn't make much sense trying to utilize these 15 round mags.

I got used to the 21 round mags using mt X5 and I like the bigger mags in more than one way.

After switching to the X5 and Xcarry an AXG
the 21 round mags are much better for me
for shooting and looks.

I just hate having lots of gun parts ( mags) all over the place not serving any purpose any more. I still have a bunch of 1911, 22lr. 9mm mags etc.etc. from guns I no longer have. Almost everything is new and unused. I guess I'll just stick all of them in a box and hide them away ( out of sightout of mind)

My time is taken up on customizing and re customizing my Sigs, Walters and Ruger 22lr.

That is a lot of money tied up sitting in useless gear. That money in the bank would at least make interest. In a high inflation economy like we are having now, every day sitting in a box makes them buy less, until you do go to sell them, and you already lost the value of spending it on stuff you could already be using.

Just because it looks like you could sell it for higher later, doesn't mean the dollars you get are worth more. We used to buy gas for 25c a gallon and milk for 50c. Now we buy gas for $2.50 a gallon and milk for $3.50 - when it takes more money to buy things all around, its not an improvement, its a setback.

I'm selling off all my extra gear - for about half market rate. Its still more than I paid for a lot of it but it's not going to move quickly. Current market rate is for something you wait a year to move, not 6 weeks. If I wait, inflation eats up my profits.

Sell the mags, and use the money now. Its not a savings account. For those of us a lot older, it's also not something to burden your family with - who then go and sell it by the pound to some pawn shop. They have no clue what is in there.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post