SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Vortex Venom Red Dot optic
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex Venom Red Dot optic Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
They are fine for range / plinking; obviously made on the same line as some of Burris Fastfire and SIG RDS.

I have one on my Ruger MKII Stainless and it's fun to use.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Have 2, but bother are on Browning Buckmarks, so can’t attest to recoil resistance. Both have been 100% reliable for me.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I initially put one on my new XDM OSP but noticed that the windage adjustment did not "click" like the elevation adjustment. The pricing was attractive but having that type of issue on a brand new unit turned me off. I ended up switching to the RMR Type 2.

Sig P365 (9mm)
SA XDM OSP (9mm)
LWRCI M6A3 w/ M4-2000 (5.56)

Posts: 39 | Location: Sorrento, FL | Registered: December 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one on my Ruger Hunter without any issues in the past year. I am purchasing 2 more, one for my Victory PC and another for my Walther Q5 Match.

Posts: 16 | Registered: April 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
To those who own one of these, do you favor a 3 or 6 MOA dot? Considering putting one on my new Buckmark.

I've got a 3 and like it fine. As you bump up the brightness, the dot gets bigger.

Both of mine are also 3's (on Ruger MKIV's) and I like them fine as well.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Mine is on a Ruger Mark IV and I've shot around 400 rounds with the Venom on it. Albeit, it's a 22lr, but still working without any issues so far.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1049 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a little color blind.
I looked through a fellow shooter's Venom, and it wasn't bright enough for me to see.
I looked through a Venom, and it was bright enough for me to see, so I bought one and mounted it on the slide of one of my "open" guns. Shortly thereafter, I lost windage adjustment. Vortex replaced it, but, I don't think the replacement is as bright.
A guy on our squad, at a 3-gun match, last weekend, kept losing the dot on his Venom, and apparently, one of the battery contacts broke.
Another fellow shooter is running one on his open gun, without any issues, but, he has it on a frame mount, not mounted directly to the slide

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I am a Vortex fan, but they make products of varying quality with correlating price tags. From what I've heard, that is the case with the Venom.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post