SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why no P320 .45 full size?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why no P320 .45 full size? Login/Join 
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted
Plenty of 320 .45 compacts. Any reason why no full size pistols in this caliber? It would make a great target or home defense handgun. Thanks!

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who knows, but you can buy the .45 full size slide and barrel from the Sig web store.

Posts: 354 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Every once in a awhile I will see a full size or carry size .45 P320 on Gunbroker. You just have to keep an eye out for them.

I'm still trying to find P320 .45 with the manual safety of any size. I've only seen one on there in the last year but I wasn't able to pick it up at the time.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3ACR_Scout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
I'm still trying to find P320 .45 with the manual safety of any size. I've only seen one on there in the last year but I wasn't able to pick it up at the time.

This place let me add this pistol to the cart, but that doesn't guarantee it's in stock. Might be worth giving them a call to check.

Firearms Ohio: Sig P320 Compact Manual Safety – .45 ACP

Kind of odd that they're using Osage County's product photo on their website. Maybe OCG is their distributor or something, and since OCG shows this pistol out of stock, it's probably sold out here too.

Posts: 128 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
They used to offer it. I own one. Bought it for the home defense nightstand gun.

It's a real sweet shooter and the pistol that enamored me of the .45 ACP round, which I had, up until then, shunned.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Every once in a awhile I will see a full size or carry size .45 P320 on Gunbroker. You just have to keep an eye out for them.

Gunbroker, like ebay, lets you save a search. This is the best method of finding a less than common gun. You get emailed every day that one pops up.

-c1steve

Posts: 4061 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ah3:
Who knows, but you can buy the .45 full size slide and barrel from the Sig web store.

Thanks ah3, but I would have to buy a compact model and then buy the slide and barrel. ALSO a new full size frame, rsa ,and finally mags. It is much more cost effective to just buy what I want.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
It looks like a full size P320 .45 went up on gunbroker this morning for auction. It looks like it is pre-upgrade though and there is no description, only pictures. I would suggest you only bid for it if you could get it cheap.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there is one local for $500........

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post