SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MPX GEN 2 Sight recommendations please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX GEN 2 Sight recommendations please Login/Join 
posted
Just picked up a MPX. Trying to avoid spending $149+ for the factory flip front and rear sights. Any aftermarket metal sights out there anyone can recommend? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 394 | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Nothing that’s not gonna cost the same as new Sig sights. Troy micros are nice, maybe find a used pair, and the CZ Scorpion sights (not the Magpul variety) are nice too. Look on eBay at mpx sights, there’s currently s set on there for $50….not sure if they are legit, but worth a look

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at Joe Bobs Outfitters.

They have some UTC iron sights. Metal.
I've been using them as back up irons on 2 rifles and they work well.
Next choice would be magpuls.

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
They don't come with sights any more? Confused

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I first got my mpx I tried a set of factory cz sights that I had laying around. They were to low for me and I ended up just putting an MRO on it and have been happy with that. I was using the factory folding brace, but I didn’t try them with the collapsible brace.

Posts: 225 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
unless you just want the hard sights, get a Romeo5
$118 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sau...ompact/dp/B01C95I8N4

otherwise $150 for sights for a $1800 pistol isn't a bad investment..

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
They don't come with sights any more? Confused

Mine purchased last month on a military discount came with sights

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Mine came with sights but it was bought in 2016

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
Mine came with sights but it was bought in 2016

As did mine. Current civilian SKUs that we've been receiving for the past 3 or so years come without irons, one less magazine and 3.5" less barrel length than what was available back then, but with a $400+ price hike (no Wuhoo surcharge included) for the privilege. Yet they still sell like mad.

Can't help with cheap irons. With my MPX I bought stupid expensive ones (Bobro) for the actual build quality received. Fell for their extremely flat profile when folded. Classic tactifool moment...

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
unless you just want the hard sights, get a Romeo5
$118 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sau...ompact/dp/B01C95I8N4

otherwise $150 for sights for a $1800 pistol isn't a bad investment..

I did both. Folding iron sights and a Romeo 5. Best of both worlds.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magpul MBUIS Pro sights. On everything that can take standard height AR sights. Troy Micros on the HK's, but then that's a whole 'nother thing...

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post