SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Have a chance at any Sig up to $1100. Thoughts...?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have a chance at any Sig up to $1100. Thoughts...? Login/Join 
posted
I have a good size chunk of cash coming my way. Of course in going to go get me my dream carry. I have smaller hands. What model should I get. LEGION, ELITE, MK25. I like the 229 size but wouldn't be objective to a 226 with thin grips. WHAT TO DO...

Posts: 3 | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

I'd suggest an older West German P228 or P226 that is in decent shape.

After owning over 7 Sigs over the last 10 years, the only ones I still own are my West German models.

But I'm somewhat of an old school snob... Wink

Smaller hands I'd handle a Glock 43X or Glock 48 and see what you think... Eek

You will buy a Glock

Posts: 4365 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
225?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Legion SAO.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the best place to get an older German sig.

Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Save a couple more bucks and throw the 210 into your decision.

Outside of that, the P226 or 1911 depending on your needs.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's the best place to get an older German sig.

This forum's classifieds or gunbroker.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
210 standard

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Be patient and shop around.

If $1100 is what your budget allows, with any luck you may be able to snag a vintage P226 and a P239HD.

A P225 would serve you well as others have noted. You'd cut it close with the P210 Standard, but it is worth every penny.

I'm an opportunist myself. Great deals are out there. Especially when you aren't looking for one.

Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Keep saving for a Wilson edc x9.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7947 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
Welcome to the forum.

I'd suggest an older West German P228 or P226 that is in decent shape.

After owning over 7 Sigs over the last 10 years, the only ones I still own are my West German models.

But I'm somewhat of an old school snob... Wink

Smaller hands I'd handle a Glock 43X or Glock 48 and see what you think... Eek

You will buy a Glock

+1 !! IMHO the new SIG's are not the same quality level as the older SIG's. In your price range you can buy a higher quality German or Swiss SIG with money left over. QUALITY is more important than cosmetics................

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the Input. Im definitely going to keep an eye out for das pistol.

posted Hide Post
The vintage 228 and 226 are going to be hard to find, I shoot mine and they are excellent. For the likely price you will pay for them, get a new in box Legion p229 in 9 mm. You will be so happy!

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
+1
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Legion SAO.

Posts: 13814 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I would suggest checking out a Legion. However if you plan to carry a Legion P226 or P229 it will be pretty heavy for carry. P225A might be another option to check out. If you are open to P320 SIG there are a lot of options and the P320 X Compact is getting a lot of great reviews and should be pretty easy to carry.

Older German SIGs are nice but you want to make sure you don't get an abused one, that often are refinished to look like new, and certain parts are getting hard to find. They also require more maintenance like changing breech block pins compared to new ones with milled stainless steel slide. Based on that older used German SIG might not be your best first choice and of course it would not have any warranty while a new SIG would have lifetime factory warranty.

Good luck in your quest.

Posts: 9748 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunny1940:
I have a good size chunk of cash coming my way. Of course in going to go get me my dream carry. I have smaller hands. What model should I get. LEGION, ELITE, MK25. I like the 229 size but wouldn't be objective to a 226 with thin grips. WHAT TO DO...

Buy two P365s.

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Gunny1940:

Buy two P365s.

Smile

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
P239 in 357sig. Try not to smile too much.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
210 standard

This. They seem to be right around $1100.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would consider an Elite, switch the grips to the Hogue G10 Piranhas(A real plus for those of us with small hands.) and send it to Gray Guns for a trigger job and an intermediate trigger.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post