SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P220 Compact Love
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P220 Compact Love Login/Join 
posted
A few months ago I bought a barely used P220 Compact SAS from a fellow forum member. Yesterday I was able to spend considerable range time with it. In a word: wonderful.

The first thing I did with the Compact was to remove the very dim oem Sig sites to replace them with the old school Von Stavenhagen (white dot front, white square rear) sites. IMHO, these old school Sig sites are as simple to use as it gets. Sight alignment and sight picture with quick acquisition simply couldn't be easier.

Back to the P220 Compact, what a great shooter. Several 6, 8 and 10 round magazines later and all the Compact seemed to want was more of the same. But the GP100's needed some love as well.

I know many gravitate towards the latest and the seemingly greatest regarding guns, ammunition and caliber. But I certainly can't find a valid reason to feel the need for anything newer.

The P220 Compact, a 3" GP100 and an LCPII in a front pocket holster make my rotation as EDC options.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have your gun's folded-slide precursor, a P245, and I feel the same about it. Fantastic firearms.

Posts: 8526 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ONLY negative is the low capacity. GREAT GUNS

Jeeps...guns...German Shepherds!

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 29, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I hope to have one someday.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just put G10's on my 245. Changes the gun dramatically. I might carry that gun now even though it's low capacity.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of neverfollow
posted Hide Post
Picked up a P245, loved it and then grabbed a P220 Compact SAS and a railed version. Then along came a P220 Compact SAO - sold all the others and that one is easily my favorite to shoot (P226 SAO is a close second).

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: March 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeepster09:
The ONLY negative is the low capacity. GREAT GUNS

True, but it's also only one round less than a full-size 1911, and 2 rounds less than a P220. And it'll accept a full-size P220 mag as a reload (which is how I always carry mine...a flush-fit 6 rounder in the gun with an 8 rounder on the belt as a reload). Still not exactly high capacity by 9mm standards, but not too bad for a .45.

Posts: 8526 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
Glad you're enjoying it Mark.

I kinda miss it but it was just sitting in my safe and I thought it should get more exercise than it was getting from me.

Take Care.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1235 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post