SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 MK25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 MK25 Login/Join 
posted
What light would you put on a MK25 which has a M1913 rail?

Supertac45
Thunder Ranch Commanche
Sig's
N.R.A. Patron Life Member

Posts: 867 | Location: U.P. of Michigan | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would use a sure fire x300 with the SiG Mk25.

Posts: 829 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
The only light they authorised us to use on our duty G-21 was a basic TLR-1. The thinking was that if you only had one switch- on & off, you'd never activate the strobe, or laser by mistake when you just need to light up a subject; or vice versa.

Unless you're really going to train alot using the different switch positions, I'd keep it simple & just get a good weapon light.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
surefire if you intend to use it seriously, otherwise anything really would work. My experience with the TLR-1 is terrible just as an FYI.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11007 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like having the strobe feature of the TLR-1. YMMV. Surefire doesn't utilize it in their X300s. If that functionality is not something you value or need and price is not a concern, then its overall toughness I think makes the Surefire the one to go with.

I vehemently dislike the setup protocol for the supposed "quick" detach aspect of the X300A series however, something I learned recently first-hand when I tried to set a 300A up for one of my pistols. The damn thing kept wanting detach itself from the gun. Evidently I'm not tacticool enuff to figger that sort of crap out. The simpler KISS setup of the X300B units are much more to my liking. Again YMMV if you go down the Surefire route.

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Why would you have a strobe feature on a light for a gun?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What holsters would fit the MK25 and the Surefire X300?

Supertac45
Thunder Ranch Commanche
Sig's
N.R.A. Patron Life Member

Posts: 867 | Location: U.P. of Michigan | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My former agency issued TLR-1HL and had great luck with them out of over a hundred on the road we only had to send two back. One had a defective switch, and the other the officer smashed the bezel . Both replaced no questions asked by streamlight.

Posts: 442 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why would you have a strobe feature on a light for a gun?

The original selling point of strobes was that they could totally disorient an adversary to the point of disabling the foe, which unless he/she has epilepsy or some phobia of disco/dance club lights, hasn't turned out to be anywhere close to being true. However what a strobe CAN do is make it difficult for that adversary to read the user's movements. Unlike the information gathered from an oncoming torch that's constantly on, the human eye/brain has a far tougher time processing the visual information gleaned from momentary on/off lighting like that coming from a strobed light source. It may not stop an armed BG from opening fire, but he's just as likely to be incorrectly assessing the position of where the strobe is coming from, leading to aiming and firing at a wrong location, specifically if the user of the strobe is also on the move in a diagonal or lateral direction. A strobe could be very useful, even if perhaps only momentarily, in trying to extract one's self and loved ones out of an otherwise very disadvantaged scenario.

[EDIT] And if nothing else, if the BG doesn't get a lucky shot in, I suppose the strobe user now sees the BG's muzzle flash and knows where to aim his return fire.

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post