SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Faster than Miculek?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Faster than Miculek? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSd8V-kb6Ro

Holy fecal matter, Batman!

Is that real or a photo techno trick?

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's the one and only Bob Munden

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like there’s a cameraman down range when he was shooting those two balloons.
Cornmeal loads ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Bob Munden would “outrun” semi auto slides. He was almost literally super human.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
It looks like there’s a cameraman down range when he was shooting those two balloons.
Cornmeal loads ?

Black powder blanks, I think. Which will break balloons out to some distance. Certainly at the ranges he was at in those videos. There is some spread, too, but he still has to be fairly precise. I am not sure, but his guns for speed tricks may have been set to fire when the hammer was fanned without a separate pull of the trigger.

Munden was incredibly fast. He was also incredibly accurate in slower fire with actual bullets. He did a lot of trick shots like splitting cards with bullets which take a lot of accuracy. He could hit at incredible distances. There are lots of videos, because Bob was not shy. He was quite a showman, and a real kick in the ass. He is a lot of fun to watch.

Comparing him to Miculek isn't fair, and visa versa. They do (did, since Bob Munden is dead) very different things. They are both amazingly fast and accurate shooters, but they do it in different arenas.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I loved his 'Impossible Shot' segments on the old American Shooter show.
He shot an egg with a S&W Model 60 snubbie at I think 200 yards.

He was an accomplished gunsmith, too.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Opening the.safety pin with a 1911 was pretty incredible

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
They are wax loads if I recall correctly.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe he trained the Hollywood crowd in gun handling, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Jerry Miculek is fast. Bob Munden was inhuman. He was also a heck of a gunsmith, as I understand it.

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw him perform live at the National Gun Day gun show in Louisville KY one year. He was unbelievable!

rambo

Posts: 243 | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also enjoyed his "Impossible Shot" specials. His SAA work was amazing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patw,

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I watched a "special" on Bob some time back where they hooked his arm up to some equipment used to test reaction time & speed. The results showed that his reaction time & speed were faster than the strike of a rattler!
The man running the experiment said that Bob had super human speed. Far above anything he had witnessed before or since.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 705 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I am not sure, but his guns for speed tricks may have been set to fire when the hammer was fanned without a separate pull of the trigger.

This is true of all Colt SAAs that left the factory

quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
They are wax loads if I recall correctly.

No projectile, wax or otherwise. They were standard black powder blanks. It is a flake of burning powder that actually pops the balloon which is why they were shot from 10' or less

I have one of Bob's slicked out revolvers. Got it from him about 25 years ago when I was playing around with CAS.

Nickel plated and Fire blued

I remember that he passed away shortly before the 2013 SHOT Show. I always made it a point to chat with Bob and Becky when I was at SHOT.

Bob was a gifted man.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^OK, that is a pretty gun. I love the color combination. Did he use that gun in any of his specials/tricks in particular?

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That revolver… Eek

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
^^OK, that is a pretty gun. I love the color combination. Did he use that gun in any of his specials/tricks in particular?

This is not a revolver that he used in his performances, it is one he built up from a New Colt revolver. He produced a run of these as limited edition firearms.

Bob signed the revolver in gold down the backstrap

It looks so much better in person. Shiny guns are tough to photograph without getting yourself caught in the reflections

For some strange reason, I am more accurate with this revolver than any of my other SAAs

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I met him and his wife at a S.H.O.T. show years ago. He was a real gentleman and his wife was very gracious.

Very down to earth people.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He did his magic action job on a Colt Second Generation 45 that, stupidly, I sold to my buddy. Tried to get it back, several times, but he laughs at me. Confused

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Wow that revolver above is amazing. Very nice collectible.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post