SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 20 Gen 5 MOS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 20 Gen 5 MOS Login/Join 
posted
Finally got it out today. No optic on it yet, just the factory basic sights.
50 rounds Blazer brass;
20 Winchester Silver tips;
50 SIG FMJ 180 gr;
100% reliable and the 10mm round is just real accurate. Very comfortable 10mm to shoot. As crazy as this sounds i may grab another and put an RMR on one and leave one open sights.
Glocks really are just the steady option if you want to just get a low maintenance, reliable, accurate handgun. Its like I rediscover that every time I take them out

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9160 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I hope to get mine out next week. Ordered an ACRO and Tango Down plate. I don’t think anyone makes large frame plates yet, but hopefully it will bolt up.

Posts: 9975 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I am just going to go with a Trijicon Type 2 3.25. Its what i have used on my other Glocks and they have all been great.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very comfortable 10mm to shoot.

I’ve always found Glocks to be pleasant 10mm guns even the Glock 29.

I mean yes you can put some max loaded 10mm stuff that will be punchy no matter what but in general Glocks in 10mm I find pleasant. Strangely I always found the .40 Glocks far less pleasant than the competition, at least up through Gen 3 as I have no .40 caliber Glock experience past Gen 3.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Definitely
NOT Banned
Picture of teombe
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of the fact that I got a hankering for a 10mm last month, and bought a Gen4 because I had no idea that they were announcing a Gen 5 MOS like 2 weeks later. Oh well - I guess it's just an excuse to get another one Cool

This is my first 10mm, and although the hottest thing I've run through it has been 175gr silvertips, it seems like a pretty soft shooting platform for the caliber.

Also - congrats on your purchase! we need pics to round out the thread.

Posts: 2044 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: February 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the 10mm.
I bought my first Glock back in December.
After wanting a 10mm , there were some 10mm Glock barrels in sale at Optics planet.
One review said he put it in a cheap G21 police trade in and worked great.
I bought a trade in G21, and when it came in it looked unissued.
Bright night sites and all.
After getting the barrel and G20 magazine, I loaded some rounds.
180 grain and not too hot.
It shoots fantastic.
For a power round , it is very accurate.

Enjoy yours !!

Posts: 19 | Registered: April 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
By chance did you have a Gen 3 before you got your Gen 5? If so, is it a huge difference or just a nice upgrade?

Posts: 12469 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post