SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    *Completed, update in OP. Matrix/Revenant P229 build
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*Completed, update in OP. Matrix/Revenant P229 build Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Update:
Waiting on some Hogue grips I ordered so the Rosewood are temporary. Will likely get some new sights also. I’m kinda fond of Meprolight U-notch sights.

Pretty plain Jane but I like it.

Need to lube everything and dry fire a bit…but it’ll do Donkey, it’ll do.

OP:
First off thanks to Q for answering more of my questions.

Second, I love my P229s, but all of them are stainless and were .40 flavor from the factory so 229-1 magazines plus Barsto barrels are required. Been wanting a standard P229 without a rail and half slide serrations/short extractor in 9mm.

Probably could have found this for 100$ less online somewhere but I like supporting a place like Matrix Precision and it’s gonna be fun.

Rest of the parts arrive later this week.

Gotta decide on sights; grips will be some special order Hogues I’m waiting on.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks like a great project. Keep the pics coming. Is the Matrix frame dimensionally identical to factory?

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
That looks like a great project. Keep the pics coming. Is the Matrix frame dimensionally identical to factory?

As far as I know yes, with the exception of their P226/9 design.

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
And the fun begins!

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Almost done!

posted Hide Post
That does look like fun. I’ve done the full tear downs on CZ and Beretta, never on a Sig. Good project. Those grips are... really red. Looking forward to the new grips. Lol

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Is there such a thing as a source for any 228/229 parts kits? Looks like Matrix has some lower parts kits in stock for not bad, the hardest thing to find seems to be a slide.

I have three or four stripped 229 frames laying around in a box somewhere, wouldn’t mind building one or two of them up…

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
P229 slides are easy to find. They just aren't cheap.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
Is there such a thing as a source for any 228/229 parts kits? Looks like Matrix has some lower parts kits in stock for not bad, the hardest thing to find seems to be a slide.

I have three or four stripped 229 frames laying around in a box somewhere, wouldn’t mind building one or two of them up…

Matrix has P228/P229 parts kits, that’s what I used.