SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Round Counts and issues...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Round Counts and issues... Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Doing a little fact finding / debunking. Can anyone advise:

First who has a high round count on your P320? (Also can you include model and caliber)

Have you had any issues? (Please no, "I heard a friend of my first cousin say his P320 spontaneously combusted"...just first hand accounts)

Finally if there were issues was it fixed?

Thanks all.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I'll go first.

P320 Compact. About 1000 rounds now. Was shooting low but a new front sight and working on where I hold has fixed it. Also had a Kb at about 800 rds - was ammo related we believe. Extractor blew out but was easily re-installed. Otherwise 100% reliable.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
P320 compact. Shooting low, new sights fixed that. Had a #6 front on a 9mm. Otherwise, 500 malfunction free rounds.

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you had any issues? (Please no, "I heard a friend of my first cousin say his P320 spontaneously combusted"...just first hand accounts)

And yet you posted this: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4690055624

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd estimate around 2,500 rounds total, split roughly between 9mm and .40. Bought a P320C 9mm in January 2015. That same year I bought the P320FS .40 X-Change kit. Current P320's have had a lot of changes since then.

Both calibers mainly shoot my own reloads. However, have tested both with ball and carry ammo. My shooting style is all defensive drills from the holster.

- Compact 9mm. No reliability issues at all - 100%. Only changes have been New Style TDL, Heinie sights and GGI PELT trigger (two months ago).

- Full Size .40. Originally had failures to properly chamber every three mags or so. Problem disappeared after about 350 rounds. I attributed it to break-in issues. Has been 100% reliable ever since.

That's it. Not what I myself consider a high round count, but a decent number of rounds to shake out any issues with my own pistols.

Having responded here, I don't believe individual problems with specific guns has any real usefulness in determining general reliability. You never know whether the problem is a one-off, due to ammo, shooter error or what. On an empirical basis, only the factory knows for sure...and they won't tell. Best you can do is make sure your own pistol runs 100% with your chosen ammo and mags. If not, back to Sig.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Here is a now closed thread from January.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...140025714#2140025714

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have at least 7,500 rounds through my .357 SIG Full Size P320. I am running pretty stout reloads, 125 gr. at 1,350 fps, which are close to the 1,390 fps of the Gold Dots that I carry.

I originally bought it as a .40 S&W Compact and put a few hundred rounds through it in that configuration before facing up to the fact that I just don't like the recoil of .40 in this gun. I think I bought the last conversion kit that Top Gun Supply had at the $299 price. Thank you SIGforum for alerting me that SIG had raised their prices.

I have had zero performance issues with the gun in either caliber. I quickly wipe the old grease off of the slide and apply fresh grease before every range session. I only give it a real cleaning about once a month, roughly every 500 - 1,000 rounds.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
On my full size, probably about 12,000 rounds including a five day session of 3,800 rounds with no cleaning or added lubrication. No issues, but it's generally been taken care of.

I've got a compact with about 800-1,000 and a sub-compact with a few hundred. No issues.

Double that number of dry firing for all three.

What information are you trying to debunk? Fact finding is difficult to do on an Internet forum as you'll only get anecdotal information from individuals.

IMO, the gun is solid.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have three compacts that we use in training. One had a defective extractor out of the box but Sig sent a replacement right away. Otherwise no problems with any of the 320's. Maybe 3k through them

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Early P320 Compact purchased 1/3/2015, unknown round count.

Had a bad 'double click' (timing) issue that resulted in an occasional failure to reset at the range.
Fixed it years ago and it has been 100% functional since.

Had an issue with obtaining good groups but changing from the Compact medium to the Compact small grip module a made a HUGE improvement (actually shocked at the difference it made).

When initially released, SIG implied the pistol could be converted to 45 ACP and that was the primary reason I bought it.
Still no fix for that.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

This is funny... Big Grin

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

This is funny... Big Grin

Yeah - I was just trying to debunk some apparent bad info from my friend. Good guy but just biased a little.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:

Have you had any issues?

The only issue I had was with my out-of-box 45C.

I had issues with rounds jamming on feed just before battery, fresh factory as well as reloads. When I tested the extractor, it took two fingers to slide a round under the extractor and usually it ended up flying thru and into space.

I also have a 250 in 45 that had an extractor worked over by SIG. I checked the tension and dimensions with a feeler gauge and found that the extractor on the 320 was MUCH tighter than the 250. So I did a little relieving and polishing until the dimensions, tensions, and clearances duplicated my 250.

Only problems since have been with much reused reloads where the case rim is getting chopped up. Otherwise, 100%.

---------------The Answer Is There Is No Answer---------------

Posts: 152 | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6750048524

I've got a bunch of rounds through various configurations. Here is my only negative.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have (3) 320's 9mm.

320sc - 2100, zero issues
320c - 1650, 1 fte at about the 900 round mark, no issues since.
320cRx - 2400, zero issues.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have about 500 rounds through a 320 Compact RX.
Front sight just came loose, can remove it with fingers. Just happened, may try to fix it myself.

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post