SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is there any info to be had concerning an INTERARMS P220 or P226?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there any info to be had concerning an INTERARMS P220 or P226? Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted
Yeah, I got bored and decided to find out any info on the Interarms series of Sig Sauer pistols.

I have a P226 that was imported by them. Seems like they were imported from 1982 to 1986 (?) in limited quantities.

Best I can tell is that they were made as a special production run by Sig. The roll marks are different on the slide, barrel, etc...

Seen a few in 45 Auto, 38 Super Auto, as well as in 9mm Luger (that and their name is in all caps).

Didn't know if there were any production numbers as compared to the Browning BDA.

Any info on the BDAs, Hawes pistols, Interarms variants would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
They were just regular P226s made in W. Germany and imported by Interarms, since SIG didn't have their US base at the time. But, you already knew that. So, I'm not sure why you think they were special production run? Because of the different roll marks? Tysons Corner imported P226s came with different roll marks, too.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's about it.

The roll mark locations are different than the other pistols of the same timeframe as opposed to being importer engraved post production.

Also they are stamped as '9mm Luger' (as opposed to 9mm Para) for the barrels of Interarms, but the 9mm Luger magazines are a lot more common. Different lawyers? Idunno.

(It has been a slow afternoon.)

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
I have been casually working on the same area and progress is very slow. I will try to dig up what little I have so far tomorrow.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I have owned 2 Interarms imported SIG Sauers and they were both P225s.

My current, early Interarms P225 differs from later production in that it has plain black sights, no white dots. I believe the plain black sights were a specification for the German Police P6. Also, the proof mark on the frame is on the right side, just in front of the grip rather than by the serial number.

Both came in the typical green P225 cardboard box with an Interarms sticker applied to the top of the box.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The older 226s were mud rail guns and were subject to frame failure.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Interarms was SIG-Sauer's importer from 1982 until the end of 1984.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
The older 226s were mud rail guns and were subject to frame failure.

The Interarms guns were pre-'mud rails'. The generally accepted SN Range for 'Mud Rails' begins in the U135XXX/'JG' Proof Code (1986) time frame, which was during the Tysons Corner era.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8788 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Amazingly a 1983 Interarms price list shows P220 magazines for $38•••per DOZEN!
The entire P–series including the P226 were still in the 1985 catalog, but I suspect Para‘s date is more accurate.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You may be looking at the same list I've pulled up.

How many lanyard loops would I want at $1.25 each? Seems like the first thing to go missing.

They also were able to import a few P230s.