SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig M-18 missing at Camp LeJeune
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig M-18 missing at Camp LeJeune Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just one... just as likely an accounting error as it could be straight theft.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was at Bragg, weapons were lost regularly. Most were lost on field training exercises. Someone would lean their weapon against a tree at night to take a leak and then couldn’t find it. Or some story similar to that. Odd thing was I never heard of one turning up later after the initial searches came up empty. It was a theory at the time that they were hidden and later recovered and either sold or kept.

At one time the CCF was across the street from our company HQ. CCF is the Consolidated Confinement Facility. This is where the guys who got in serious trouble were sent while they were being processed out of the military or serving their on base confinement. We used to take smoke breaks with the cadre from CCF. Lots of good stories there. Soldiers do some pretty dumb things.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
Gesh, all the weaponry we left in Afghanistan and they are suddenly worried about one M18 and couple of magazines. Gives me so much faith in my tax dollars at work.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe it drank the water?

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 36 hour work day once because of a “missing” pair of nvg’s only to find out that the stupid ass company XO who failed upwards into that position had the same pair listed twice, right next to each other on the list… and the bitch was laughing about it like it was no big deal.
And a pistol that you can go and buy anywhere is a super stupid reason to go to Leavenworth, at least take something worth taking.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
I feel for the guys on this. Unikely "lost" most likely a mix-up... First hand experience with SI: In theory it sounds so simple: keep tabs on your [whatever]... In reality: stuff goes other places for mait., gets hand-receipted somewhere for a legitimate reason, the guy who had it got attached somewhere and its locked up in a different vault... and on and on. 99% it will turn up

Posts: 498 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the 80's was in a unit and we were doing a river crossing,water moving too fast and it yanked a M16 right off of a buddies back. 10-15 feet of water so they just reported it as a loss. Before we left i marked a tree and came back two days later with my scuba gear, the water had slowed so i tied off and did somewhat of a pendulum drift dive, only took about 10 minutes to find it, Top was ecstatic when i handed it to him, and i got another stripe for it.

Posts: 93 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post