SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thoughts on Standard Manufacturing Thunderstruck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on Standard Manufacturing Thunderstruck Login/Join 
posted
I’ve seen these things a couple times. Never actually held one, but curious if anybody has one and their thoughts on it. I’ve got far more than I need for practical purposes so now I just like interesting things. It would sit in the safe with the occasional visit to the range.

Dunno I’m crazy apparently because my next gun Hunt has ranged from this to a Chiappa rhino to a gold desert eagle 50, but I’ve got the itch and I need to scratch it with some something.

Posts: 1307 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be got one and it’s a fun gun. I use it at the range sometimes. I've never carried it, although I have the holster (and tee. And hat.)

I also have a 6 inch Rhino, but I like odd guns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fredward,

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I held one for the first time yesterday. Strange little thing. Bigger then I expected. Seemed reasonably well made.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Be got one and it’s a fun gun. I use it at t
Yeah he range sometimes. Ive never carried it. Although I have the holster (and tee. And hat.)

I also have a 6 inch Rhino, but I like odd guns.

UMMMM ya OK Fred or did auto-correct just have a field day with you?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Typing while riding in the back seat on a country road. Edited.

Thanks.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased two. It's a novelty for sure. I recommend buying the extended grips if you have large hands. Appears to be well built.

Posts: 50 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
I had to look this up; hadn't heard of it.

Their description contains some bold claims that are pretty humorous Big Grin

"...sets the standard for the ultimate in personal protection..."

"By combining standard ammunition and birdshot, each pull of the trigger will deliver an incredible combination of firepower..."

"These Revolvers are far more superior to any other automatic pistol..."

"... the most redundant and reliable personal protection firearm when your life is on the line."

"The resulting S333 Thunderstruck™ is the safest personal protection firearm available."

Good stuff Big Grin

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
LGS got one in a while back. Counter guy was pushing it hard, talked me into holding it and dry-firing (apparently it's ok to do that, even though it's a rimfire). I was no more impressed after doing so than I was before. It's a weird thing with a goofy trigger that shoots rimfire ammo, and serves no practical purpose, IMO. If you're into novelty stuff, I guess it could be an interesting toy, but that's my only imaginable justification for purchasing one.

If anybody here has actually shot one I would be curious to know if both barrels actually shoot to point of aim. Even if it does, I'll stick with my Speed-6 and SP-101.

Posts: 8612 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I saw those claims on their site about the gun. If the dp-12 is any indication of the quality produced by standard manufacturing I think it’s worth giving it a shot. The only issue I’ve had with my dp-12 is the stupid plastic they use for shipping the gun leaves a sticky gunk on the gun I had to clean off, but besides that a very fun gun.

Posts: 1307 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like it’d be fun to play with....not my choice for ccw. That being said I’d like to play with one at the range though.

Posts: 563 | Location: Pensacola FL | Registered: February 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't need "justification." Life is too short.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Never heard of it, so I looked it up.

Some "outside-the-box" thinking there. I'm a little puzzled by some of it. Am I to understand that each trigger pull/indexing of the cylinder fires two cartridges? So it would be a four-shot, but with two bullets per shot? And are you supposed to pull the trigger with your index and middle fingers, while gripping it with your ring and little? How is your ring finger not pinched? And .22 Magnum? It does appear to have prominent, but still non-snagging, sights.

Posts: 27975 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, and there is no pinch, I don't know why. And the trigger pull would challenge an adult gorilla. Out to 15 yards, both bullets strike within an inch of each other. And yes, it is a "4 shot" revolver, 8 rounds, 2 per trigger pull.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
And the trigger pull would challenge an adult gorilla.

Probably why you need two fingers to pull it.

Another example of "outside-the-box" thinking is the shape of the grip, tapering from top to bottom, just as your fingers from the middle to the little get shorter. Almost every other revolver grip is the opposite, some so much so that they "crowd" or pinch your ring and little fingers together at the bottom.

Posts: 27975 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post