SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hellcat experience?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hellcat experience? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a 365, 365XL, Shield Plus and Glock 43. I have owned 2 Hellcats but could never warn up to it. My EDC is the Shield Plus with 365XL second choice. The Hellcat just did not feel right in my hand nor did I like the trigger.

Posts: 13 | Registered: July 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I have the optics ready version. It's been 100% reliable and feels like a well made pistol.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a 365. After trying a Hellcat and 365 side by side at a local shop that has a range. The 365 just felt better and didn't torque the hand like the Hellcat. And the 365 just felt like it was made better. The only advantage I see is the magazines for the Hellcat are half the price of the 365.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
I own a 365. After trying a Hellcat and 365 side by side at a local shop that has a range.
The 365 just felt better and didn't torque the hand like the Hellcat.
And the 365 just felt like it was made better.
The only advantage I see is the magazines for the Hellcat are half the price of the 365.

This mirrors my experience, and yes P365 mags are pricey.
I just bought seven P365 mags in the various sizes and colors... Eek

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 24, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Bumping this up looking for longer term reviews or new owners, as the micro has gotten my attention.

I kind of like the Glock 43, but never bought one because it's only one additional round for me.

Try as I might, I can't like the 365, it just doesn't fit my hand at all. I find it uncomfortable (almost painful) just to hold, forget about trying to shoot it. The lower corner jabs my right in the middle of my palm.

I LOVE my XDs 45. Reliable and very accurate. (when I shoot it, it's mostly at the 100 yard 3/4 size steel IPSC target at my range) But it's a six shooter. A fast to reload sixshooter, but still. So the Hellcat micro has piqued my interest.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't like the 365, it just doesn't fit my hand at all.

Have you tried the S&W Shield Plus? I have one and I find it superior to the Hellcat except in 1 area, the factory sights. That was easy for me to fix though.

Don't get me wrong, the Hellcat works, I just don't find it any better than a P365 (which won't work for you) or the Shield Plus. I sold off my Hellcat and still have the Shield Plus .

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4520 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
The Shield + is a better gun and cheaper in most parts. The Hellcat was snappy AF compared and the least liked gun out of the Shield +, G43x, P365.
Now if you can deal with the grip length the X Macro is fantastic. By the time you get the comp'd Hellcat, price is near the same.

If grip length is an issue, I would also consider the Shadow Systems CR920.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnlWPkWQWf0

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I have no problems with the 45, so I'm not real concerned about the 9mm. Since the size of the Micro and the XDs are fairly similar I was hoping it would be about the same. Looking into finding one local to get hands on.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Former Hellcat owner, picked one up out of curiosity to see if I liked it better than my 365 and 365XL

it was reliable and accurate, but I like the trigger break much better on the sigs.

not only that, the trigger itself was rough enough to the touch that after a few boxes it caused my trigger finger to become raw. I can shoot the 365's all day long and not feel like I want to put them away.

no regrets here on selling the Hellcat

Posts: 7 | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If we're bumping for new reviews. Has anyone gotten a Hellcat Pro (their P365XL competitor with the 3 finger grip)? I be interested to hear any experience with that.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Doing the normal internet thing instead. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Has anyone gotten a Hellcat Pro ..?

Good bit of ammo through both. The HC is a snappy little booger, as most of us know. I could not shoot it well with either extened mag in place. It pinched my fingers where the exention sleeve mated against the edges of the magwell. I carefully dressed-off the corners of the edges, and felt that it helped 'some'. However, to totally eliminate it seemed like it would really require altering the lines, and edges, of both parts. It might work, but it simply would be ugly.

I was the first on the block when I saw the Pro. While certainly an improvement, all around, I feel like the 365XL remains the softer shooter of the two. It may be about par compared with the standard G48 I had at the time. It didn't have the Shield mags, just standard. It did seem like the HC Pro was more accurate than the G48, however.

Hope that helps.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It does. Thanks. My only interest is in the Pro. I could also see going with an P365XL, especially if I maggutsed a couple of mags. But that adds the aftermarket issue. I like that the factory mags on the pro are 15 rounds. The new, non-comped version of the XMacro, but it may just be too big in the grip. I'll have to get my hands on one to see.

Did you have any Glock knuckle type issues with the HC Pro? I handled one and the trigger guard seemed to be cutting into my middle finger when I got a good grip. Does this sound familiar?

quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
quote:
Has anyone gotten a Hellcat Pro ..?

Good bit of ammo through both. The HC is a snappy little booger, as most of us know. I could not shoot it well with either extened mag in place. It pinched my fingers where the exention sleeve mated against the edges of the magwell. I carefully dressed-off the corners of the edges, and felt that it helped 'some'. However, to totally eliminate it seemed like it would really require altering the lines, and edges, of both parts. It might work, but it simply would be ugly.

I was the first on the block when I saw the Pro. While certainly an improvement, all around, I feel like the 365XL remains the softer shooter of the two. It may be about par compared with the standard G48 I had at the time. It didn't have the Shield mags, just standard. It did seem like the HC Pro was more accurate than the G48, however.

Hope that helps.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Hellcat Pro and a 365SAS. I like the pro for IWB carry with 16 rounds on tap; and I like the 365 for deeper concealment using 10 round mag. Both good guns with different purposes in mind. On my 365SAS I replaced the mini slide release and slide lock with conventional ones from regular 365. I am okay with the non-conventional sights on SAS, because I feel it is a UP CLOSE defense gun. Both are good shooters. I also swapped out the grip module on the Sig for a Wilson Combat and added the cobalt weights. I got both guns for their small size. I normally will carry my P226. I do get a little baffled when people buy these and want the long slides and long mags. They are meant to be discreet carry guns. If you need a target gun or larger capacity get a bigger gun [like my P226].

Jeeps...guns...German Shepherds!

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 29, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those 15 round flush fit mags are pretty amazing.

Posts: 7444 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am a big fan of the Shield+, though I'm denied access to its newest capacity 15rd mags and have to make do with 13+1 instead, as I bought a bunch of the 13rd mags before our state's 10rd limits went into effect. I've shot the standard Hellcat and didn't find its recoil particularly objectionable; the recoil to me was similar to what I get with my G43X or G43, but not as "soft" (a relative term) as the P365 or the Shield+, which I consider the best of this lot. I didn't like the Hellcat trigger all that much; the SIG has the best with the Shield+ next and then the HC with the Glocks (without mods) bringing up the rear.

I've handled the Macro and I must admit that my initial impression was "WOW". A bloody shame that it's biggest attribute of firepower is denied to us here...

-MG

Posts: 1978 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
I hated mine. I’m recoil sensitive and it is the worst of all the micro 9mm pistols. I found the G43X to be less snappy than the G43 but still snappier than I would expect. The P365 is still the softer shooter compared to the 43X and the Hellcat.

I sold my Hellcat after the first range trip. No ragrets.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1743 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you have any Glock knuckle type issues with the HC Pro? I handled one and the trigger guard seemed to be cutting into my middle finger when I got a good grip. Does this sound familiar?

I know that's a 'thing', but I've never suffered it. It felt to me that the Pro offered a bit more to grasp than the 365XL. A talon wrap on either is the cat's pajama's. Or, that neat frame module from WC for the XL that has palm-swells in the design.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the optic ready original hellcat. It is a bit snappy and it takes some practice to shoot it well but I think it’s about the smallest micro available that is also very shootable once you get used to it. I will say I can shoot a bigger gun better but if you’re looking for ultra compact and capacity the hellcat is hard to beat. For me, the 13 round mag is perfect for iwb carry with a spare 15 round mag for backup. The 15 is a bit longer for carrying for me but it does give a better grip if a person has bigger hands. I have not shot the shield plus but I have a reg shield and they are very easy to shoot accurately, but they are a bit bigger and heavier to carry also. I haven’t shot the p365 yet but liked the feel of the hellcat better when I compared them. Lastly, the new s&w equalizer shoots really nice, has a nice trigger and same capacity as the plus or hellcat, but it is a bit heavier than the hellcat and that is what makes the hellcat the best choice for me. With a good belt and holster, I can carry it all day every day and hardly even know it’s there and still be able to hit with it if needed. I practice at 18 to 20 yards and it does as good as I need it to. I draw a circle on a 8.5x11 sheet of paper and it will keep them all in if I do my part. It’s all about what you can carry comfortably and shoot well. Don’t carry something just because it’s small if you can’t hit with it.

Posts: 19 | Location: Strattanville Pennsylvania  | Registered: January 03, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I bought one and it felt superb in my hands….
However, shot it twice and I couldn’t hardly hit the broad side of a barn with it.

Sooooooo, away it went.

In came my CZ P10S and it feels great in my hand AND I shoot it accurately.

It is my new carry piece.

YMMV

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post