SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Smith and Wesson 3913 rattle from around the ejector
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith and Wesson 3913 rattle from around the ejector Login/Join 
Picture of Syngin1066
posted
Hi, I picked up a 3913. Is it normal for them to rattle? I took the slide off and it seems to be from the little lever opposite of the ejector that has to be pushed down to reassemble the gun. It doesn’t matter if the mag is in or out. The noise does decrease with the slide back on and the safety down.

Sorry for the noob question.

Thanks

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I can't answer your question directly, but given the age of the gun, if you plan on shooting it regularly, I'd find a smith with experience with third gen S&W autos, and have him give it a once over.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I recall my old 3913 rattling. But I no longer have it, and don't remember exactly where the rattle originated.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at mine now. Yes, it has several rattles each a bit different.

1. Slide off and shake frame. That little piece you are talking about rattles slightly. Fit is not supposed to be tight.

2. Frame on and forward, slide to frame slight rattle due to slide/frame fitment.

3. Slide locked back. Barrel rattles as spring tension has been relieved.

This is all normal. But this is not excessive. Hope this helps.

Edit to add: Parts are hard to come by, but search around. Been awhile since I searched, but Numrich Gun Parts used to be a good place, along with TopGun.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syngin1066:
Thanks for the replies.

I usually put a super light coat of gun grease on that leaver and it’s doesn’t rattle anymore.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
One of the best semi-autos that S&W made.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post