SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I have come to love my Glock 19X.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have come to love my Glock 19X. Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
LGS is advertising the 19x in black on their Facebook page. I have not driven over there but they have a picture of both black and FDE side by side in their shop.

ETA: It appears they cerakoted an FDE one themselves.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pale Horse,

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
That's cool if true. And stuffs the mouths of the so-called "company reps" that spent all spring and summer denying that it would ever come out, let alone this fall.

Plus it saves me the trouble of dyeing one of the desert tan examples and refinishing its slide. Smile

EDIT: bummer that it was all a put-on. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: soggy_spinout,

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Seems odd to have a whole new number designation just to change the color and add front serrations, no?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The lower is different from the 19X and the gen5 so maybe that’s why it’s a new number. ??

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
Here is some release info.

https://www.all4shooters.com/e...9-Gen5-MOS-features/

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Seems odd to have a whole new number designation just to change the color and add front serrations, no?

Seems odder to change the color and add front serrations just to have a whole new number designation. Why did they not just make a black 19X? Everything was already there.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Got this email this morning.

quote:
SMYRNA, Ga. – Sep 24, 2018 Today, GLOCK, Inc. announced a new addition to the 9X19 family of pistols featuring the latest in design and engineering seen in the 5th Generation of GLOCK pistols. The GLOCK 45 combines the fast handling of the GLOCK 19 compact-sized slide with the full-size frame as a compact Crossover.

Taking on the Crossover design of the GLOCK 19X and the superior GLOCK hard-surface finish in non-reflective black, the G45 makes the ultimate service pistol.

“After the release of the G19X, we saw a strong interest from the law enforcement community for the design in a black model,” said GLOCK, Inc. VP Josh Dorsey. “The G45 is the result of a design that meets the demanding level of reliability with distinctive Gen5 design enhancements to improve durability, accuracy and performance to those who go into harm’s way where fractions of a second matter.”

Engineered with the GLOCK perfection promise, the G45 features the Safe Action System® and is backed by torture-testing that has made GLOCK a name synonymous with innovation and reliability.

The G45 incorporates elements of the 5th Generation of GLOCK pistols including a smoother trigger pull, an enhanced frame texture for sure handling, a reversible magazine catch, ambidextrous slide stop lever, the Modular Backstrap System (MBS) for individual adjustability and the incredibly accurate, match-grade GLOCK Marksman Barrel (GMB). The G45 also features front serrations which are precision-milled forward of the ejection port on both sides.

The GLOCK Compact Crossover Pistol Model G45 will make its debut at The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Conference and will be available on dealer shelves beginning October 5th.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Honestly I think it was a good decision to move away from the G19 number for this pistol. It is quite different and I see having the "G19X" as the .Mil gun that wasn't selected but G45 is something to ID a whole new line of pistols.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Looks like the G45 deleted the small bottom hump on the front of the magwell, which means you can use all Glock mag baseplates, including Gen 5s.

But it seems to have brought back the half moon cutout on the front of the grip, as seen on the Gen 5s.

I'd rather have neither.

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

But it seems to have brought back the half moon cutout on the front of the grip, as seen on the Gen 5s.

I can't see it on the limited pictures that have been posted so far.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I can't see it on the limited pictures that have been posted so far.

Nope no half moon cutout.

https://us.glock.com/Products/G45

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep, I was wrong about that. It sure looked like the image posted on the previous page has the half moon cutout, but now that some better photos are available, there doesn't appear to be any cutout.

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
the half moon cutout is gone on the G45 and mos.

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post