SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SF project handgun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SF project handgun Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
If you want to play with a ported gun for not a lot of money, S&W does have multiple Performance Center M&Ps in 4.25 and 5 in that are ported with their plate system for an MSRP of $775.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of the 2 you have listed, the M&P 2.0 Plus can't be beat. The trigger is much nicer than the standard 2.0 and that was pretty good. Me personally, I wouldn't even worry about replacing the trigger on that model.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I voted M&P

Otherwise I find the M&P 2.0 to be a very well made, ergonomic, reliable platform with a decent amount of aftermarket support.

I shot about 400 rounds today through a 2.0 CORE. It shoots really well and I don’t have to work as hard to shoot it as well as I do a Glock.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have a CZ bias. Back when I purchased by very first semi it came down to the M&P and the Sprinfield XDM, both in 40 S&W. I really like the was the M&P fit my hand but the trigger was mud so I did a shoot off with range rentals. I ended up choosing the XDM because the better trigger resulted in better accuracy for me at 50 feet. Plus the magazines held 16 rounds in the XDM. Still have the XDM and a mag dump is still quite fun. Also still have that perception that S&W striker triggers are muddy but do admit my only exposure was that original M&P. Point is that first impressions can be lasting impressions. To be totally fair I will also state that IMO the Gold Standard for a high quality trigger is that featured on a S&W revolver in Single Action. A sear creep of only 0.015 inch is one that most of us will never notice. Yes, I have measured the Sear Creep on all of my S&W revolvers and they can range from 0.012 to 0.017 inch.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I have an M&P2.0 5" that I put an Apex trigger assembly in. It is one of the softest shooting 9mm's I've fired and is a joy to shoot. In all reality I need to move on from my G19 and get a 2.0 compact as I shoot the M&P much easier then I do my 19.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never shot the cz but the m&p 2.0 is a nice pistol. I shot my 2.0 compact well enough that it almost replaced my g19. The only issues I had was the grip plug would always rotate on me and pinch my hand and the grip texture was too aggressive to conceal without feeling like sand paper on my love handles. A set of rubber talon grips solved the texture issue.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post