SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SF project handgun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SF project handgun Login/Join 
posted
I would like to get a striker fired polymer gun as a project gun, I'm looking for the flatest and softest. both of this would be optics ready. also both will have a threaded barrel to run them with a compensator. I will try to get as nice as trigger as possible. maybe use it to take a class or two. what are your thoughts?.

Question:
Witch is the flatest softest shooting?

Choices:
S&W M&P 2.0
CZ P10 F

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P322 seems like it fits your requirements. I like the M&P 2.0 but I bought the P322

Posts: 11 | Registered: October 29, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am biased (love my CZs) so I went with CZ.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a p322 is hammer fired. and given his poll options I don't think he is looking for a .22 gun.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
a p322 is hammer fired. and given his poll options I don't think he is looking for a .22 gun.

I'm looking for a 9mm.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I used my nightstand gun (P-10F with a Cajun Gun Works trigger) for a weekend Fieldcraft handgun class. Ran flawless. I dig M&P’s also, but really like CZ. The P-10 series guns are ridiculously low priced right now.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Is there any reason you are limiting your choices?

Posts: 12466 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Is there any reason you are limiting your choices?

Any other options are welcome, if you could share your experiences that would be appreciated.

Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
While the S&W is very nice in most respects I voted the P10F because when I had an M&P and carried it the grip texture was too aggressive - when wearing AIWB it actually removed hair…don’t ask…

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I haven't shot a 2.0 but my M&P CORE 9L ties with the Beretta 92FS Brigadier and the Beretta PX4 Storm for the lightest-recoiling service-sized 9mm pistol in my lineup. YMMV. I've only shot a P10 once and it was nice. Didn't shoot it back to back with the M&P though. I think either will do you proud.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for a project gun with many options for aftermarket parts - everything from grips to triggers to base pads to slides to mag releases and more - I'd put the SIG P320 on the list as an option.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:
If you're looking for a project gun with many options for aftermarket parts - everything from grips to triggers to base pads to slides to mag releases and more - I'd put the SIG P320 on the list as an option.

I'd second that notion. You can buy a .357 Sig conversion kit and have a relative powerhouse of a pistol. Shoots quite flat vs most of today's cartridges. About the only other option for a REALLY FLAT shooter is a 5.7X28. As a defensive firearm the cartridge leaves some to be desired unless you are facing armored opponents, but it certainly shoots flat. S&W would probably be the choice there.

Posts: 75 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 30, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I'm extremely fond of the BUL Armory Axe. For $620, you get the ultimate Gen 3 Glock that takes all Gen 3 parts with Gucci Glock features already built in for a lower price than a real Glock.

https://www.usa.bularmory.com/...store/AXE-c146511381

It's also built in Israel so if you have to use it in self defense, it's another level on irony against the twat that would attack you, and if you mention where it's made, it also identifies who's worth knowing and worth ignoring for a low price.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have the cheaper Bul clone, the Cleaver.
It does not function with gen3 Glock threaded barrels. It fits, but is tight and doesn't cycle. Probably needs fitting. It is not drop in.

Last I checked, the P10F Optics ready with threaded barrel was a little over $400.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I have the cheaper Bul clone, the Cleaver.
It does not function with gen3 Glock threaded barrels. It fits, but is tight and doesn't cycle. Probably needs fitting. It is not drop in.

Last I checked, the P10F Optics ready with threaded barrel was a little over $400.

I found an optics ready and threaded barrel for $470.00 brand new.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:

Like the 320.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
I would like to get a striker fired polymer gun as a project gun, I'm looking for the flatest and softest...

The flatest available round I can think of would be 357 Sig. Conversion kits can be found.

The best of both would be in 7.65mm Parabellum. I have a few Sigs in this caliber and a Glock.

Depends on what you'd load or local availability of different rounds.

Posts: 9154 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
I would like to get a striker fired polymer gun as a project gun, I'm looking for the flatest and softest...

The flatest available round I can think of would be 357 Sig. Conversion kits can be found.

thanks for the suggestion but I'm looking at 9mm.
The best of both would be in 7.65mm Parabellum. I have a few Sigs in this caliber and a Glock.

Depends on what you'd load or local availability of different rounds.

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would like to get a striker fired polymer gun as a project gun, I'm looking for the flatest and softest. both of this would be optics ready. also both will have a threaded barrel to run them with a compensator. I will try to get as nice as trigger as possible. maybe use it to take a class or two. what are your thoughts?.

I am not too sure what you mean by the phrase "Project Gun"

I am not a fan of striker fired handguns (though I own a few) but the M&Ps do feel very good in my hand and I own several of them including this one in 9MM that I have been shooting for 15+ years now

I have not handled that CZ except for walking passed it at a table and examining it for a moment, however I do own a CZ97B and find it very well made. I did have a VERY Early CZ75 plus many of the Tangfolio CZ clones that I truly Lover . . . so even sight unseen, I would have confidence in the CZ product.

You talk about wanting to add a comp. All of the comped guns that I have owned have much finer threads holding the comp on than what is on what most folks call a threaded barrel.

Handguns sold at retail are threaded for suppressors. So a proper 9MM European gun would be threaded 13.5x1LH while American manufactured 9MM guns usually are threaded 1/2x28. I know that since several States began calling threaded barrels a Evil thing, there have been companies producing muzzle brakes and comps to fit on barrels with a suppressor thread pitch so as to put a purpose on threaded barrels other than suppressor use. Is that the kind of item you are thinking of?

Have you checked into ho effective those devices are? I never tried one figuring they were mostly cosmetic to appease the more Draconian States in the Union

The comped gun that I LOVE the most is neither striker fired or made of plastic. Unfortunately it is also discontinued since the German Government put their boot down on SIG. I make reference to the SIG P229 Sport. Other than changing the grips, I have never even contemplated looking for other things to change, I love the gun just the way the MasterShop built it.

It is chambered for the 357SIG cartridge which shoots laser beam flat, I know you are looking for 9MM but you did ask for flat. It is incredibly accurate, Holds 12+1 with the standard magazines, but bigger ones are available for your reload. The barrel threads are a fine pitch so if your end goal is to use a suppressor this would not be a good choice.

I guess it boils down to what you mean by the phrase "Project Gun"

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted M&P 2.0.

Buy an Apex trigger kit for it. Mine is the forward set flat shoe version. It's one of the best striker triggers I've ever used (Walther Dynamic Performance Trigger gives it a run for its my money.

Unless there is a specific reason to go threaded barrel and comp, though, I would consider porting. Specifically, I would look at Monsoon Tactical's inline porting, either the Lucky Sevens or Dime Bag. I have several comped and ported guns and enjoy my Lucky Sevens guns quite a bit. You won't make the slide any longer this way, you can remove the barrel completely for cleaning, and if you want to shoot competition in a division that doesn't allow the porting (or have some other reason to not want it all the time), you can swap in a non-ported barrel and have a nearly stock experience.

Otherwise I find the M&P 2.0 to be a very well made, ergonomic, reliable platform with a decent amount of aftermarket support.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post