SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P250 slide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P250 slide Login/Join 
posted
I recently acquired a full size p250. I was wondering, does anyone make p250 slides? There are plenty of makers for Glock pistols, but I can’t seem to find any for P250’s...???
Thanks in advance.
Dean

Posts: 32 | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont think so. The proprietary rear sight may be patent protected.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figure there is some patent issue. Seems like dovetail sights would get around that issue. There are certainly other makers for Glock and 1911 slides...

posted Hide Post
You do know that glocks are made by the zillons, and 1911s by the umpteemzillions and P250 by a couple of guys on tuesday afternoons in NH for a couple of years and they didn't sell many.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
You do know that glocks are made by the zillons, and 1911s by the umpteemzillions and P250 by a couple of guys on tuesday afternoons in NH for a couple of years and they didn't sell many.

that is why P250s are better than 1911s and especially 'Glunks'.

I think the key question is why are you looking for a slide for a p250 and to be more specific which size slide?

I had a P250 compact 9mm and ended up trading it (mistake) and have a spare P250 compact exchange kit.. (grip, slide, barrel and recoil spring +1 10 round magazine 9mm) that I might be willing to discuss getting rid of. I either need to do that or buy a p250 full size or sub compact....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just curious about it. I can buy parts for my Dan Wesson revolver, so it looks like an opportunity to just make the slide, since it is specific to the FCU, wheras barrel/frame are interchangeable. I will pm you about the exchange kit.