SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Revenant Arms frames
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Revenant Arms frames Login/Join 
posted
https://www.revenantarms.com/

It appears Matrix Precision is now offering 100% finished frames for the P220/P226/P228/P229. Can anyone offer any hands-on experience with these frames?

Thanks.

Posts: 19 | Registered: October 02, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Never heard of them.

Looks like the P220 frame is SAO and the P226 is cut for DA/SA and DAK possibilities.

Posts: 9103 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I was hoping they would make/offer Sig frames w/o the rail. Alas, they don't (yet?)

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the "2296" frame. I have about a third of the parts to complete the frame on hand, and I have a couple of P229 complete slides so why not. I like the idea of a 226 frame with a 229 slide (kind of like a Sig version of a Glock 45) and I find a 4 to 4.25 inch barrel a good length for a red dot. Should be a fun project.

Posts: 4074 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool.

Let us know how it turns out.

Posts: 9103 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm interested as well..sounds like a fun project. I'm also intrigued and kind of excited that they're doing this at all. It may prove to be the only way to get a "new" classic Sig before too long as the folks in New Hampshire seem to be keen on deprecating the platform in favor of plastic stuff. I could see myself going down this rabbit hole if they prove to be a viable product.

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Agreed, now offer a rail-less 226 that takes 229 mags.
Otherwise, a classic railless 229 would work for me.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
I was hoping they would make/offer Sig frames w/o the rail. Alas, they don't (yet?)

I'd be interested in one of those.

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Agreed, now offer a rail-less 226 that takes 229 mags...

A P226 that takes P229 mags? Scratching my head over here.

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
It appears the P228 frame does not have a rail:

https://www.matrixprecisionpar...t-arms-rev228-frame/

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Short grip, easier to carry, IMO. No idea how that would feel balance-wise, though.
I've been meaning to pick up a P320SC grip to try with my compact slide.

A P229 was the first Sig I wanted, but the SAS E2 had a tag price of 1,199 at a LGS on Spring-Cypress & was out of reach for a fresh out of college guy.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
They have slides too. Now I'm thinking about making my own 9mm exchange kit for my .40 S&W P229.

Posts: 12429 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Short grip, easier to carry, IMO. No idea how that would feel balance-wise, though.

Ok, so that wouldn't be a P226 frame, though. That would be a P229-size frame that takes the P226 upper. What would you call that? The P226 Carry ot the P229 long slide? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Exactly