SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ P-10M. 2015 called...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ P-10M. 2015 called... Login/Join 
Picture of iron chef
posted
It's the CZ we've been clamoring for to replace the Kahr CW9, Sig P290, Glock 43, M&P Shield 9 1.0, and FN 503. The P-10M launches today for the US market. It had previously been available in Europe only.

7+1 capacity! Eek
Also, 20.1 oz makes it one of the heavier guns its class.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-usa-p-10-m/

Posts: 3183 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Y'know, they keep making pistols more concealable, and that's beautiful. I wish they'd put more work into making concealable pistols easy to shoot well, though, and that doesn't look any easier to shoot well than anything else of its size.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I wish they'd put more work into making concealable pistols easy to shoot well ....

By doing what?
Why wouldn't this one "shoot well"?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Needs a bigger trigger guard and more sharp edges.

Also, if they could increase the fugly by about 10%, that'd be great.

Posts: 107472 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I wish they'd put more work into making concealable pistols easy to shoot well ....

By doing what?

Indeed. Smaller pistol means more difficult to shoot well, all else being equal. There's little that can be done about it. They're lighter, shorter, and the grips are smaller.

E.g.: My Ruger LCR was easier to shoot than a comparable S&W, but part of the reason for that was it had a better, and larger, grip. Sadly, that also made it much less usable for pocket carry, which had been my plan.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
If you want something that feels & shoots like a bigger gun but also conceals as well as a micro-9, then there's the Full Conceal folding Glock route. It also costs twice as much as a Glock for its foldability.

Posts: 3183 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw an email for this today. I think everybody at CZ was sitting around the table deciding what absolutely nobody wants…. Then they made this

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
somebody please!
Get this man a gun....

Posts: 23375 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
By doing what?
Why wouldn't this one "shoot well"?

Easier to shoot well, as in more accommodating to the shooter.

More sight radius. A grip that's easier to get more of one's hand on. The standard thing seems to be to chop the slide and grip frame shorter and then pretend it's a brilliant new concept. IMHO, this thing will never quite make a pocket pistol anyway, so the question isn't how to make it so small from back to front and top to bottom that it'll fit in the hip pocket of a pair of jeans.

A single-stack mag means the grip is narrower, but a longer narrow grip still conceals well. The slide will have to have some minimum mass for consistent operation, so why not make it with less heigth and width and a bit longer?

No folding necessary.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMHO this is the failure of the shield, shield 2.0, Khar MK9 MK40 style of pistols. To fucking small. Even to a degree the 365, and glocks tiny 380/9mm offerings.

I bought a 365XL in early 2020, full grip, decent barrel length super thin and tiny. No it isn't a pocket gun, but damn if it isn't just about perfect for concealment.

I still have my shield, as it does fit my pocket. I sold the MK9 long ago. I am not sure if I would bother looking too seriously at the new ruger, smith, or other modern little pistols. This 365xl, is just about perfect.

For others, it may be a cz p10m

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Staggered cartridge feed yet only a 7 round mag capacity? When I first looked at the pics I initially though this was going to be a G26-style competitor. Something that could take bigger sibling P-10C/F mags. But instead it turns out that it's more about going up against a M&P Shield, Walther PPS or Ruger LC9. Following a pattern similar to that OTHER baby 9mm Glock and its nonsensical G43 beats S&W J-frame mindfuck.

Um...I do think that's about a decade late, CZ. Came and went long ago.

-MG

Posts: 1974 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it shoots lights-out, all might be forgiven.

Needs an optic cut though to offset the way-behind-the-times mag capacity.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a comparison, here are some numbers from my newly acquired Ruger American Compact:
6.6 inches long. The CZ is just a hair shorter at 6.3
29.2 Ounces. CZ is 20. Ruger is much heavier and my shooting experience would indicate the added weight makes it much easier to control. I used as my frame of reference my P365, which I sold. I did not shoot it well because of control problems.
The Ruger has up to 17 rounds on tap and comes with a 12 round magazine too. No optic though.
So... Seems the Ruger is the better gun overall at about the same price point. Manual safety too, if that interests you. My main complaint with the Ruger is poor (despite being Novak) sights. For me anyway.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16063 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
My thoughts as posted on another forum……

I do believe folks can absolutely defend themselves with 8-10 rounds on tap. I also believe if you currently own a shield/PPS/G43 etc. etc. I don’t think there is a pressing need beyond your desire to buy a newer 10+ round micro compact. I think your or my for that matter Walther PPS is a perfectly capable weapon in this class.

All that said barring simple pleasure / desire you would be silly not to buy one of the current crop of 10+ round micro compacts vs a single stack counter part for a defensive weapon if you are in the market. This CZ will flop, no doubt. There are simply far better choices on the market today. I simply cannot imagine releasing a new single stack micro in today’s market unless it had some extremely obvious / useful advantage like next to no weight or the size of a “noisy cricket” or something.

Would I dump a good solid single stack micro that I was happy with? Absolutely not. Would I buy one if I was in the market today? Absolutely Not.

So if you like this CZ and purchase it, as I am sure it will be a fine gun, I would highly suggest you buy parts and magazines now as this thing will be gone from the market before you know it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7670 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
So they made a Glock 43 or S&W Shield…how innovative…

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Truth be told I believe this is something that they have had for quite some time and were working to bring to market and were probably a bit blindsided by the P365 and the paradigm shift it brought.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7670 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Some gunowners tend to say the more choices, the better. The reality, though, is that at some point, additional choices become redundant and therefore of no real value, except to the manufacturer trying to sell you their version of what's already out there.

If you think you might want one of these pistols, hold off for a while. At some point, CDNN will be blowing them out for 279 bucks. When you snag one, make sure to get all the magazines you think you'll require, and holsters as well. This way, when CZ discontinues this just-another-pocket-nine, you won't have to scrounge for accessories.

Posts: 107472 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Some gunowners tend to say the more choices, the better. The reality, though, is that at some point, additional choices become redundant and therefore of no real value, except to the manufacturer trying to sell you their version of what's already out there.

They are redundant and I'm a prime example of that.
For years in the Summer time, I carried a Kahr K9 Elite. It fits, shoots well in my hands and conceals great IWB being that it's a smaller single stack.
These choices started coming out and now I own a P10S and a Hellcat. Both very nice pistols and the reasoning behind the P10S was to replace the Kahr with something more capacity minded. It's not a thin as the Kahr but works.
Why the Hellcat? Because I like Springfield pistols and I was curious. Curiosity killed the cat right?
So I won't be interested in the M model CZ has because I have my Kahr if I want single stack low capacity pistol.
ALOT if choices isn't always a good thing sometimes. Market is flooded right now.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Truth be told I believe this is something that they have had for quite some time and were working to bring to market and were probably a bit blindsided by the P365 and the paradigm shift it brought.

And it has taken them nearly 3 years to get this, sub-par gun here. Oh, it may be as reliable, accurate, and evenly priced. but busting into this market now with less than 10 seems. Futile.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I honestly have zero interest in it. I have a G43 that has filled this role for years and I have a 365, but if I’m carrying something in this size I tend to go to the 43, just carry’s better for me. I’m more inclined to buy HKs new offering if it ever reaches dealers.

Posts: 453 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post