SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225 German Police Pistol ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225 German Police Pistol ? Login/Join 
Picture of usmc-nav
posted
Hi I am looking at a 225 that is stamped on the slide German police pistol. I like the 225 but I am unfamiliar with the stamping German police pistol. Is this an uncommon variant? Does the slide add or detract from the value of the pistol? Seller is asking $800 for the pistol only had two magazine both marked P6

Posts: 538 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The "German Police Pistol" (GPP) P225 is the last of the P225 made. It's a real P225 and not the P6, although I think it was made as a homage to the P6. Hence the marking. The gun was made and proofed in 2010 (BA date code). Depending on where you read, 200 to 500 were imported from Germany. The GPP came with 3 P225 mags from factory. The P6 marked mags seller has are not original to the package. Complete package should have the manual, test target, plastic case inside the cardboard box with all the labels.

As to the marking, some hate it, while others like it. I'm in the latter group.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It's always impressive to see someone who knows his stuff and dispense it as easily as water from a faucet.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
Thank you Q for your knowledge and willingness to share it. In your opinion, and I realize it is just an opinion, is it a good value at 800 as listed?

Posts: 538 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
I like this version. I picked up a P225 about a year ago. Love it.

If the pistol is in good condition, I don't think $800 is bad.

https://twitter.com/jea_nine/s...s/779526461912911872

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Might this be part of the M675XXX series? I believe Top Gun Supply was a seller of some of the unproofed German made pistols. A search will probably reveal more info. If box, papers and mags were included it might be worth it.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...3964&s=674608412&p=3

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
is it a good value at 800 as listed?

I sold my example of that gun back in July on Gunbroker for the starting price of $895, plus shipping. It had the plastic box, paper box, 3 factory mags, in excellent condition, but with dim NS, because they were 12 years old.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I had one of these NIB and sold it to a SF member. Its paperwork put it in the last month of the pistol's production.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usmc-nav:
Thank you Q for your knowledge and willingness to share it. In your opinion, and I realize it is just an opinion, is it a good value at 800 as listed?

Paid 775 for mine NIB.

Posts: 816 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
Just checked my GB records and in July 2021 picked up a LNIB P225 w three mags for $760 + $30 shipping.

None of my original three mags were marked P6, but I did pick ups some (3) additional mags and one of those is...

The pistol is loaded with the P6 mag.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Having previously owned three GPPs, I think $800 is good depending on condition and whether it has the cardboard outer sleeve, test target, etc.

I’ve paid between $750 and $900 and all were in mint condition. The one at $750 was missing the cardboard sleeve.

I sold my latest earlier this year for $950 shipped. Had everything Q noted in his post, plus two extra mags, five Brad Davis baseplates, and a pair of Hogue checkered G10 grips.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that the SIG P225/P6 pistols, along with the P228, are among the very finest pistols ever made.
I have a particular fondness for pistols with a single column magazine.

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even cosmetically challenged P-6 but mechanically fine W German police issue pistols are selling like hot cakes. $800 sounds very fair to me. The original P-225 and P-6 are in high demand for numerous reasons and prices reflect it. If I could have only one Sig it would be a P-225.

Posts: 185 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Q, other than the P6 being a Swiss police pistol iirc. Why is it not a P225?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Q, other than the P6 being a Swiss police pistol iirc. Why is it not a P225?

The P6 is (was) the official German police pistol and is characterized by a couple of main things, one visible (the hooked hammer) and the other not (extremely heavy DA pull). And, it's always marked "P6" and not "P225".

The Swiss police pistol is "P225" marked and has the regular (non-hooked) hammer. Many are marked "Montage Suisse", meaning assembled in Switzerland. Each bears its canton coat of arms.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
The p6 or most of them had the feed ramp issue that restricted the use of many HP ammo.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
The p6 or most of them had the feed ramp issue that restricted the use of many HP ammo.

Yes, and they reconfigured it in 1989 to better eat the HP ammo.

Q

posted Hide Post
I've also seen some Swiss police P-225 with the magazine heal release being another variation. With a pedigree of Swiss and German design and mfg along with extensive law enforcement use in both countries it's easy to understand the high desirability of the P-225/P-6. Perfect for both police and civilians.

Posts: 185 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kobren:
I've also seen some Swiss police P-225 with the magazine heal release being another variation. With a pedigree of Swiss and German design and mfg along with extensive law enforcement use in both countries it's easy to understand the high desirability of the P-225/P-6. Perfect for both police and civilians.

100% agree

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kobren:
I've also seen some Swiss police P-225 with the magazine heal release being another variation...

You're right. The Swiss police P225 above is one such example. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen a Swiss P225 with the "American" style mag release.

Q