SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225 German Police Pistol ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225 German Police Pistol ? Login/Join 
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
I am supposed to meet and purchase this P225 German Police Pistol this week. It’s serial number is 676000. A search shows the serial number for these pistols ends at 676000. Is this the last 225 made?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usmc-nav,

Posts: 538 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
One of the last ones but not the last. This one, numbered M676006, was sold elsewhere a few years ago.

Q

Posts: 26200 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Kobren:
I've also seen some Swiss police P-225 with the magazine heal release being another variation...

You're right. The Swiss police P225 above is one such example. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen a Swiss P225 with the "American" style mag release.

There are 26 cantons in Switzerland. Each canton has its own police corps with its own procurement criteria and not all police corps have had their weapons stamped with ownership markings. One example is the canton of Ticino. The P225 with maganzine button was introduced there, but the weapons do not bear any property markings. Without a serial number register, it is therefore difficult to assign such pistols to an authority, but they do exist.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The P225 I mentioned earlier in this thread had a serial number of 676343.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OTD I collected two Swiss P-75 military holsters and mag pouches in green and black leather. Also seen photos of the Swiss Border Guard holsters. I haven't seen any photos of the Swiss P-225 police holsters. I assume they were of Swiss mfg. I have a couple of German police holsters for the P-6. Recommend any site to find photos?

Posts: 185 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
There is no such thing as "THE" Swiss police holster. The concept described above also applies to the equipment. The cantons dispose independently.
The holsters that I know of at that time were mainly supplied by the weapon manufacturer, i.e. SIGArms. The pattern is more or less the same as the type used in Germany. The holsters of the border guards are offered on ebay from time to time or they are part of a change of ownership.

Unfortunately I do not have a source of supply for such accessories. I find mine mostly at gun shows or flea markets.

N.U. Schweinfurth covers in his book "Faustfeuerwaffen schweizerischer Polizeikorps" the handguns that were used by the police since the creation of the new Swiss Confederation. I do not own the book, but I can imagine that the topic of accessories is also discussed in it.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OTD thanks for the info on the Swiss police holsters, makes sense they would be of similar design as to the German police holsters. Looked further and found Swiss P-225 police holsters for sale from Gun Parts Corp in USA, no mention in ad of who mfg.

Posts: 185 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post