SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    .
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

. Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You've been here long enough to know that we don't do this. You're using this forum to hammer some dealer.

Posts: 107465 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You've been here long enough to know that we don't do this. You're using this forum to hammer some dealer.

Apologies. Admittedly, I'm pissed at the guy but I also wanted to warn the fine folks here to save them time, trouble and money.

I can edit, delete...whatever you prefer.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate having a fellow member giving us a heads up on a dealer that might be shady. Ive dealt with gunbroker and several other online stores with postive and excellent results because what I wanted is what I got with lots of pics and info. Depending on your ffl, it wastes his time and yours and unnessary funds for something that was advertised as new and not.So I get it, I would be totally pissed too and do the same for you all.

Posts: 41 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, you will buy a glock, just maybe not this time from this dealer.

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Would it be acceptable to title something like this "GB deal goes bad" and then go into detail?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8327 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that you were screwed over. New 43’s, and 43X’s, are $380 here if you have LE or MIL creds - including retired. Plus local buys support local businesses. GB is my source of absolute last resort. Too much scratched-up and beat up junk there ... as I guess you hadn’t noticed before. Local gun-trader site here has tons of Glocks available and you can meet the seller and examine the hardware ... and haggle the price ... Smile

Posts: 425 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are two sides to allowing this on a forum.

1) As a potential buyer, I would like to know about events like this.

2) However, if I owned a Web site like SF, I wouldn't allow it either. That's my business background talking, not my consumer side. Can of worms. Potential legal issues, veracity of posters (current OP excluded), simple misunderstanding between vendor and buyer, etc. Besides the fact it may apply to a miniscule fraction of forum members. Owner/moderator should not have to waste valuable time trying to verify these things.

Personally, I've never bought a gun online. I want to see and handle the gun first. Just me though.

Regardless, it's Para's forum. End of story.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I see it, there have been a few of these threads over the years. The Admin staff have been clear that it is to be dealt with off the sigforum, unless it was a sale listed here. Even then it is to be privately brought to the admins notice, not via open forum.

The OP has and had an avenue open to resolve this. Contacting the vendor. He has an avenue to report this through GB, the OP has an avenue to leave this same review on GB. A review that will be far more effective than this 3rd party forum.

I bet These kinds of posts are why the staff does not allow auction links. They drag the forum into a quagmire of crap

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After the replys, the forum is right. There too many variables to what is true or false, what dealer is good or bad, and if someone truly cares they'll contact you for more info. If you have a gripe with a business dont mention names, deal with it,dont let it happen again, and research it better next time.

Posts: 41 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post