SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    questions on 220BR3-45-BSS-SAO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

questions on 220BR3-45-BSS-SAO Login/Join 
Picture of bolo4tom
posted
ive used the search feature here and came up with nothing and I find very lil/varying info on the www. some time back I picked up a pristine 220R SAO. its very near the 'carry' size and has the appearance and features of the elite series, ie beavertail frame. its a fantastic feeling pistol and I especially like the SAO aspect of it. its a G399 serial number which puts it about 2008 manuf. Sig can only confirm the features and says it was most likely a Govt contract overrun, but most info ive found says manufactured for a foreign govt contract. anyone have any solid info and current value on this model? numbers produced? for what govt? etc id load a pic but I need to relearn how to post them here. thanks in advance

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jawbreaker 5:
I can shed some light on this. I have one that has a 415 prefix, and Inside the owners manual there was a pink sticker stuck on one of the pages that read Hanover County. I am trying to contact someone with those agencies to get some background info on these weapons.

Will post additional if I can get it.

P220,P220Euro, P220 SAO, P228,
SIG-AR-Glock-M&P,870 Armorer NRA Life Member

Posts: 155 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post

6 or 7 years ago a small quantity of these were offered out.

Allegedly these were Agency contract overruns, but from what contract was never mentioned. Someone probably has dug far enough by now to find out where they were from

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Don't know anything about contract overruns, but (FWIW) those frames always looked an awful lot like P220 Super Match frames to me. If you go online, you'll see frames like that both with and without a "DE" stamp.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
These came with some internal and some external extractors right?

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Correct. You can google 220BR3-45-BSS-SAO and go to images and it will pull up a few that have the internal extractor. They are very close in serial number to several shown on (SF) that have the 399 prefix.

P220,P220Euro, P220 SAO, P228,
SIG-AR-Glock-M&P,870 Armorer NRA Life Member

Posts: 155 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
mine has the short external extractor

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Mine is G40xxxx 12 APR 2008 internal extractor,having trouble finding a trigger bar spring everything is damn LEGION!!!!

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2259 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
SIG 220R SAO by Scopophobia nothing fancy just pictures., on Flickr

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2259 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone found out more info on the 220BR3-45-BSS-SAO?

Posts: 28 | Registered: November 26, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
I sold mine last month missing now I saw this, I used it for matches what a tack driver.

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG