SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 loading problems
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 loading problems Login/Join 
posted
Ok,is it me ? I just got around to getting to the range with my 365 I bought about a month ago and noticed how hard it is to load the 10 shot magazines ,
Is anyone else having this trouble with loading theirs? I get it , its alot of rounds for a small magazine but ,,,,wow , i loaded it 5 times and started to find it uncomfortable to keep shooting it , just wondering if anyone else feels the same way , thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hddreamer,

Posts: 102 | Location: North Haven ,CT | Registered: March 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I never owned a magazine loader until I got a P365. Get an UPLULA loader. It makes loading the magazines much easier until the springs limber up.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was looking at that and was hoping somebody had used one I didnt know if they were any good ,so how many rounds have you put down range without 365 ? Has the springs in your mags softened up at all yet ?

Posts: 102 | Location: North Haven ,CT | Registered: March 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I always keep an UPLULA in my range bag, but seldom use it.

When I took my 365 to the range last year for the first time, it came in pretty handy.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hddreamer:
I was looking at that and was hoping somebody had used one I didnt know if they were any good ,so how many rounds have you put down range without 365 ? Has the springs in your mags softened up at all yet ?

Mine is just over 600rds and holding. It's an earlier production, but not a single issue. The magazines are much easier to load without an UPLULA now. It is for special applications, when I want small and inconspicuous. I don't daily carry it.

I prefer 1911 pistols more.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Please be more specific in your title.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27006 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I have ~1200 through mine, I believe. I cycle through the two 10-rd mags that came with it and the other four 12-rd that I have. I has gotten easier, but an Uplula is still the best way to load them.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry arc ,I changed the title hope it's better,
Thanks

posted Hide Post
My buddy picked one up and asked us to help break it in for him. I was so glad the uplula worked either the thinner mags just fine. Though the angled baseplates on the finger rest ones made it harder, it was def easier than doing just by hand.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1861 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I've had a Uplula for several years now, they are the best.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of your suggestions, looks like I'll be getting a maglula and see if it helps me also

posted Hide Post
I use a glock mag loader, works fine too.

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Use an UPLULA for the first 3 or 4 loadings with your mags and leave 'em fully loaded for a cpl days; that'll cure the stiffness. After that, they'll manually finger load just like any other bottom feeder...that's been my experience with my P365 purchased in early February, of this year. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 728 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Uplula mag loader is a good investment for most pistols.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I have been using an Uplula since 2005. Works great and makes loading mags easier for some of us.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I almost never used a mag loader except for 1911 9mm 10 round mags and a Walther PPS and now the Sig 365. I guess we are just cramming more rounds into a mag than they were really designed for.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Forgive me for reviving an older thread. I just have to say, new P365 magazines are a bear to load.

I have the mag loader coming today, Uplula. I plan to leave them loaded for a while. Even when using 3 or more thumbs it’s hard to load. Just wanted to State the obvious.

Posts: 6175 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Forgive me for reviving an older thread. I just have to say, new P365 magazines are a bear to load.

I have the mag loader coming today, Uplula. I plan to leave them loaded for a while. Even when using 3 or more thumbs it’s hard to load. Just wanted to State the obvious.

Thank you, Captain. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26441 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As an aside I broke two cheap mag loaders on my P365 before I purchased the Uplula. Maybe Sig bought stock in the Uplula before releasing the 365.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tommybluechevy
posted Hide Post
365 magazines, definitely need the Uplula loader.
As stated, the springs do lighten a bit with use

Posts: 8 | Location: Massapequa NY | Registered: July 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post