SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Need some help. Holosun 508T. Which screws do I use?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some help. Holosun 508T. Which screws do I use? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
I have been on the Google. Instructions don’t tell me. I have a 508T that I am mounting to my issues G45 that was milled for RMR/Holosun. So, direct mount.
The sight came with two different screw lengths. I want to make sure to use the correct ones. The shorter ones seem to work.

Any help much appreciated!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
From what I have read it looks like the longer screw might go on the left side and the shorter on the right for direct mount. Obviously, the shorter one on the right is to clear the extractor

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should detail strip the slide and use the longest screw that does not impinge the extractor depressor plunger. That's the biggest issue with optics installs on milled Glocks. You can use a longer screw on the other side as long as the screw holes are deep enough. The actual depth available varies between mill jobs.

I do not know where Holosun gets their screw sizes but there is no "standard" for length. I would also suggest test fitting everything and using a Dremel to shorten screws to length.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Just the advice I was looking for! Thank you!!

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
https://chpws.com/installation/

They have some good videos. I used them to mill a Glock and also one of their plates on a Glock MOS. Good stuff.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yes. I have one of their plates on my G19 MOS. Guess it’s been so long since I mounted that I had forgotten a couple things. Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
https://chpws.com/installation/

They have some good videos. I used them to mill a Glock and also one of their plates on a Glock MOS. Good stuff.