SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Now, Taurus (new GX4) wants a piece of the 365 sales
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now, Taurus (new GX4) wants a piece of the 365 sales Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Here is what the guy whose Taurus GX4 had the AD posted recently in the comments section of his video.

"Update: the CEO of Taurus USA has contacted me personally and has been very helpful and catered to all my concerns.
They will take possession of my firearm to thoroughly examine it and hopefully come to a final conclusion as to why these things are happening.

I am more than satisfied with the response and treatment I have received from Taurus USA."

It will be interesting to see what he has to say in the future and if he gets an adequate explanation or just a new GX4.

Taurus has a history of bizarre and very dangerous malfunctions, like firing by just shaking the pistol, with some of it's pistols. I certainly will never trust or recommend any of their products.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Holy shit!!! That dude was about to re-holster appendix with a dead trigger when the gun decided to drop the striker and shot the ground next to his foot. To be fair, the safe thing to do after experiencing the malfunction would probably have been to clear the gun and make it safe prior to shoving it in your pants...yet that outcome is not something one would ever expect from a modern, well-designed firearm. Imagine if it had been a second or two later Eek!

That's no bueno. The "teething pains" of the 365 were nothing compared to that. And this is why friends don't let friends buy Taurus....it'll shoot your dick off!

Goes to range, practices. Gun went dud, and he immediately stuck it back in holster, and *BANG* missed by that much. Yeah, that guy should count his blessing and really needs to re-evaluate his bad habit. Wow!

And, the bit about times are tough, so he sold his P365 and P365XL to buy the new unproven Taurus for carry and pocket some cash? Sounds BS to me. Could have sold one P365, pocket that cash and still have an already proven pistol. This dude just wanted the cheap latest and not-so-greatest and almost paid a heavy price for it, if the story is true.

quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Taurus has a history of bizarre and very dangerous malfunctions, like firing by just shaking the pistol, with some of it's pistols. I certainly will never trust or recommend any of their products.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2fn6GFSwTEw" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Yep, that was a well known piece of shit.

Q

Posts: 26405 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of you guys are delusional. The trigger going dead and then releasing the striker to fire seconds later is not the same as any of the issues described above. Even the Sig 320 was basically a drop safety issue. Sucks but not even close to pulling the trigger and then it JUST GOING OFF BY ITSELF.

Are you guys even reading what you write?

This isn’t the even the first Taurus that will go off by bumping it. How are you guys defending this? If the President of a Taurus called you personally, let you sleep with his wife, and handed you a new gun, would you be comfortable carrying it? This gun would be dead to me until they redesigned it and convinced me somehow it could never happen again. Until the next Taurus does something similar.

Taurus is crap.

Posts: 7507 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Are you guys even reading what you write?

It's those Covid injections. They have become mindless zombies. Big Grin

quote:
JUST GOING OFF BY ITSELF.

At least with the Sig, you have to hit it with a mallet.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the President of a Taurus called you personally, let you sleep with his wife, and handed you a new gun, would you be comfortable carrying it?

Can you post pictures of the wife so I can decide?

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4136 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I would never trust my life to a Taurus. And yes, I actually owned one before.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
they have improved,

still a long time on hold sometimes if you call,

quality is much improved, at one point I was sending 1 out of every 8 or 9 PT111/G2C's back for repair,

I have not had to do that well over a year, pre cooties

People have been literally saying your exact words about Taurus since the early 1990’s. It still takes months to get a pistol back from them for repair because they stay back logged. They haven’t changed one iota.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
quote:
If the President of a Taurus called you personally, let you sleep with his wife, and handed you a new gun, would you be comfortable carrying it?

Rumor has it:

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
Just my opinion and experience but I have had several Taurus revolvers and semi-autos and all of them have been fine. I find it ironic how most of these gun-snobs that talk low of Taurus and say ...

Gun snobs? Gimme a freakin' break.

I'll shoot anything that shoots well. I'll carry anything that is reliable and suits my needs. This "gun snob" bought a Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced, despite wide-spread skepticism and criticism of the brand. It's one of my favorite handguns. And, yes: I will carry it. I have carried it.

But Taurus... *sigh*... I've twice looked to Taurus for my needs at the time. In both cases, years apart, my due diligence turned up multiple issues with the pistol under consideration.

Here's the difference between my Remington 1911 R1 and the Taurus pistols I've looked at: When I researched the Remington I found the people criticizing it were doing to because it was a Remington, and that the people who actually owned them loved them. With the Taurus products I researched it was the products that were getting the criticism.

You want to talk about something that looks and feels "cheap?" Look no further than the Ruger LCP. That little pistol looks and feels like a toy. But the thing goes *bang* when it's supposed to and never does when it's not. It has a sterling reputation, as does Ruger. Taurus? Not so much.

You buy and carry what you like. Personally, I no longer even look at Taurus.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
quote:

Rumor has it:

She looks... happy.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rumor has it:

Looks like I'll be carrying a Taurus.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My experience with Taurus has been good, thus far anyway:
PT-99. I abused it but it ran fine. Wore it open carry in my ATV days. Always full of dirt and grit but always worked. I thought the 3 position frame mounted safety was a superior design to the Beretta 92, which it is based on.
PT-1911. Shot fine but the grip safety looked like it had been fitted to the frame by a drunk.
Model 85. Did not shoot it much but it was fine. But I avoided +P in it.
I also had a stainless 4 inch .22 revolver, the Taurus version of the S&W Kit Gun. Ran fine but terrible accuracy.
All that said, would I buy a Taurus striker gun?
Not a chance! Especially when you can pick up a used Glock for around the same price.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Rumor has it:

Looks like I'll be carrying a Taurus.

A man has to have his priorities. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I don’t really have any bad experiences with Taurus, all I’ve owned have ran. That being said, my local shop had 365s down to $499 again, I’d really have a hard time not going with a 365 at those prices if I was in the market. I’d take a chance on the Taurus if they were pre pandemic G2 prices lol

Posts: 457 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
To me, the problem with that pistol is the T-A-U-R-U-S on the slide.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
There’s two types of Taurus owners in this world. Those that have had problems with Taurus, and those that will. Big Grin

The thing is that it’s possible to get a good one, and there are some good models. The PT92 is a well known quality pistol that is (or at least was) built on beretta machinery. Their Beretta 84 knockoff is pretty good too. And the model 85 revolver has a good reputation too.

But anyone who uses their own limited experience and ignores the massive amounts of reported failures is simply kidding themselves. It isn’t like there was a secret meeting of gun owners and we all voted onto shit on Taurus unnecessarily. I’ve owned 4 Taurus guns, a Judge, a 905 9mm revolver, a model 85 and a .44 Mag Tracker. The tracker and the 85 were flawless, but the 905 had light strikes in every cylinder and the judge did too.

That’s 50% failure. And when I wanted to send them back? Taurus made it so complicated that I never have. I refuse to sell known broken guns so I am currently stuck with two non-working firearms that are basically worthless.

When you buy a Sig or Glock or Ruger, etc…; you are buying two things. Better QC, and better CS. I’ve bought a sold a ton of guns and in that time I’ve sent guns back to Beretta, Sig, Kimber, Springfield and Ruger. In each case the CS was amazing. And none of those represent the 50% failure number that I have seen with Taurus.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I held one at a local store and the trigger is really nice. The break is crisp and reset is short. I was also told that in the future Taurus is planning on having models available for red dots with the slide already milled. The price they were selling it for was $380. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post