SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New SIG P320 30 rd mag
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New SIG P320 30 rd mag Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Malysh:
"The 30 rounder looks ridiculous in a pistol"

And the gold pimp slide doesn't ?

No gold. Sig calls it FDE. Certainly not my favorite but I got a FDE pistol for $250 unfired. I don’t hate it enough to send it off to our friend coyotekiller for the Molyresin treatment but I certainly am thinking about it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Thanks for expanding on your thoughts.

For what it's worth - I don't see how you could have turned it down as new for $250.
So, live with the "Goldfinger" look Wink

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
A lot of these enhancements remind me of the tricked out P-38s they did up for the old TV show The Man from U.N.C.L.E

I confess to having a couple of factory Glock 33 rd. 9mm mags, one 20 something rd. capacity 40/357 Glock factory floor plate, and a 20 rd. SIG 9mm magazine for a 226 or even a 228, but in total frankness, I have never shot any of them.

It's a good nightstand item: but obviously not for concealed carry. Really not for most open carry scenarios either.

I got the email about this yesterday. I should click the promo and see what they cost. Even if I never use it.

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
$60 and already out of stock.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Personally I think it is stupid.
I don't even like the 20-21 round mags...
but then I bought into the Legion marketing.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of non Glock guns are made to use the 30 rd Glock mag and beretta mag…nice to have for a sig but also might get used by other manufacturers for carbines etc

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Personally I think it is stupid.
I don't even like the 20-21 round mags...
but then I bought into the Legion marketing.....

It may be impractical in standard P320 pistols, but the P320 is a modular firearm. There are at least three PDW chassis which use the P320 FCU, plus the B&T Pistol/SBR/SMG lower and the CMMG AR pattern rifles and pistols which use the P320 magazine. All of which are practical applications for a 30 round magazine.

My agency issues the P320 and we have been issuing the 21 round factory magazines to some of our people including firearms instructors and our SRT team members. They don’t effect the balance, handling or reliability of the gun and in a fight, bullets are opportunities.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
I've been seeing more and more LE with extended magazines in their GLOCKs and SIGs lately.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The P320 is going to become even more popular, especially the aftermarket. Don't be surprised to see more and more P320 FCU's used in some sort of chassis pistol carbine.

These 30 round mags are ideal for pistol caliber carbines.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived today! They look good and have an extended base similar to the old ten round P220 mags. I always hate to spend $60 per but after stocking HK SP5k mags they almost seem reasonable.
SIG supplied an extra plain base plate for other applications.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would expect that this was driven specifically by the B&T APC9 Pro being accepted by the US Army as the new subgun PDW. Pretty nice setup to have your 320 and your B&T share the same mags. You could have around 180 rounds while only carrying 7 magazines on you. Seems like a pretty decent set up for to me.

Prior to this, the only factory 30 round magazine available for 320 based platforms that I have been aware of was the ETS translucent mags. I did not have enough confidence in those to go through with picking up a matching B&T with the Sig lower. Now with factory standard sub gun capacity mags available, it makes it even more likely for me to pick up a coyote tan version when the right one comes along.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4.40s1nine:
I would expect that this was driven specifically by the B&T APC9 Pro being accepted by the US Army as the new subgun PDW. Pretty nice setup to have your 320 and your B&T share the same mags. You could have around 180 rounds while only carrying 7 magazines on you. Seems like a pretty decent set up for to me.

Well that makes since .... I've always liked the ability to have one mag with ammo that could go between a pistol and a rifle. In fact it is the only reason I own a Glock.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
quote:
Originally posted by 4.40s1nine:

Well that makes since .... I've always liked the ability to have one mag with ammo that could go between a pistol and a rifle. In fact it is the only reason I own a Glock.

Exactly. A B&T with a sling and a tailhook on the telescoping rails along with your choice of 320 frame size, could be fairly easily covered by a variety of jackets. Combine that with the advancements made in soft body armor, if your job is providing covert protection or working in high risk areas, this would be tough to pass on. Especially if you can get the select fire B&T.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goddammit now I need a B&T APC9K Pro S! There's another 2.5K I wasn't planning to spend.

Actually my HD guns are P320's (M17 and M18 in the quick open safe) so I bought a Banshee that takes P320 mags. The 21's were a little small, but these new 30's will be fine. I said a little while back, sooner or later someone will make 30 rounders because the P320 is military issue now. Sig is the first surprisingly.

One the whole brace thing shakes out I might get the B&T...

Posts: 4722 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post